• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

I just switched to Win 8 on a fresh install, 326.19 is still giving me the same issue as it did under Win 7: terrible framerates (at least with Valley and Heaven, and the Windows performance index was also affected ... not tried any games). Back to 320.18 and all is fine. I do wonder what in my system may be causing this ...

Seems I was wrong in blaming the 320.49s for flashing/incorrect depth parts in Metro Last Night 3D Vision, seems that it's a game bug, changing tessellation to very high sorts it out nicely. I tried it with all versions from 320.49 to 326.29 and got the same results.

Spoke too soon...

nvidia.jpg

Came back to my PC just now and the UI was slow, after about a minute the screen refreshed and got the above message. Everything is fine again but clearly the drivers are buggy still.

I just switched to Win 8 on a fresh install, 326.19 is still giving me the same issue as it did under Win 7: terrible framerates (at least with Valley and Heaven, and the Windows performance index was also affected ... not tried any games). Back to 320.18 and all is fine. I do wonder what in my system may be causing this ...

I've been having the same ! Check to see what your CPU is loading at ??? I've found its been hitting 100% & thats why I get low FPS & performance...

That's what mrk said :eek:
I suppose the last time I posted I didn't use the drivers to their full extent, now I have and seen the error like having lr open with a video paused and minimised going away for half the day and then coming back to game. Those that don't do much other than surf the net probably don't see any problems.

I'll check out the new betas tonight I think... Lol.

36 hours idle may well be the bug I experienced in the last drivers as my machine is never turned off and these bugs only started with the new drivers when I got this 780.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/569859/326-41-official-beta-download-available/

Here are some of the major fixes reported by end users that are included in this driver:

1325830 - [Remember Me]Application crashes on default launch
1330498 - Deadlight crashes when loading a game from the game menu
1329905 - Crashing in Borderlands 2 when you approach a catch a ride station with upgrade to R326.19 driver
1329680 - Metro Last Light Faction DLC exhibits low performance
1316287 - Half-Life 2 framerate drops to single digits when Ambient Occlusion is enabled in SLI mode
1323953 - Resident Evil 5 (DX10) Crashes after some time.
1328621 - Black edges in Battlefield 3 and MSAA 4x is enabled
1265807 - Brightness control stops working after the notebook is docked.
1299035 - [Nero Blu-ray player]Blu-ray playback is slow, with mixed colors, and the player crashes occasionally.
1307001 - [STALKER Clear Sky]: The game does not load during launch and presents a black screen.
1320505 - [Surround][Hitman Absolution, Diablo III, Bioshock Infinite]: With Surround enabled, the mouse cursor is restricted to one of the displays after launching the game.
1326743 - [Surround][Tomb Raider][WOW: Mists of Pandaria]: With Surround enabled, the game minimizes to the desktop after clicking any in-game menu option.
1248846 - [SLI][GeForce GTX TITAN]]FI 2012]: Game performance drops with SLI enabled.
1276491 - The GeForce Experience fails to install.
1309666 - With multiple users signed in, graphics and controls may corrupt upon resume from standby.
1324010 - GeForce Experience crashes (does not launch) when opened on the internal panel.
1318686 - With Surround, SLI performance is similar to single-GPU performance.
1313807 - Memory leak on Optimus platform may result in TDR/BSOD after multiple suspend/resume

Some outstanding bugs still open in next BETA driver (but will be in WHQL driver):
No display on some monitors with Korean panels - Fixed but not in this driver. Will be in WHQL driver early August
GPU TDRs after 36 hours of idle - Investigating however we believe we may understand the cause
Faceworks demo shows DIgital Ira character with yellow beard - Fixed in WHQL driver

Last edited:
36 hours idle may well be the bug I experienced in the last drivers as my machine is never turned off and these bugs only started with the new drivers when I got this 780.

Exact same circumstances as me, never turned off and since my 780 and 320.xx+ drivers I get an assortment of problems.

Back
Top Bottom