• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Recently I've started installing the drivers offline, that way Windows 10 doesn't try to install it's own set whilst I'm trying to install the latest.

So I'll download them, unplug network cable, then uninstall, reinstall then connect cable again.

Soldato
Because, according to the release notes, the driver install will fail unless it is a clean install. This has been the case for the last two driver releases.

Just the last two?:p

Thought I'd test out and see if it stops BF1's freeze>CTD on my setup.

Utter garbage Nv.

Nv system tray-gone.

GFE has removed all installed games/settings and crashes after you log in, that's handy with 3 Nv Shields.

7OSZyEY.png

Not even got to try BF1 yet.:o

Looked back and the GFE install problems have been ongoing since at least Novembers 375.95, at least I eventually found out to select 'clean install' now.:)

Soldato
Interface was easier, only need it for Shield Streaming, it's a pita having to redo your CP settings every install never mind remembering where everything is in new GFE interface to switch on Shield Streaming and manually adding games.

Man of Honour
Because, according to the release notes, the driver install will fail unless it is a clean install. This has been the case for the last two driver releases.

I always install over the top and never had any problems and usually have the latest driver the day after release. I installed the latest yesterday and it's working fine. I only install the actual driver and physx driver though as I don't need or want GFE and the other bloatware.

Associate
I've always been advised to do clean installs and sometimes there might be files left over but mostly I just install over the top and things are fine.

Soldato
New driver 381.65
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/117333/en-uk

Last WHQL driver was 378.92, so big Number change

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day one. Game Ready Provides the optimal gaming experience for Quake Champions Closed Beta. New Product Support Added support for the NVIDIA TITAN Xp.

New Features  Added support for Windows 10 Creators Update.
 Added DTS X and Dolby Atmos support for 5.1.2 speaker configuration.
 Added Dolby Vision support for games.
 Added NVIDIA® AnselTM support for Snake Pass and Kona.
 NVIDIA Control Panel
• Display page: Added the option to override the Windows 10 control of desktop color settings.
• Manage 3D Settings page: Added option to disable self-refresh power-saving feature for G-Sync. Applies to self-refresh capable notebooks using Pascal-based GPUs with G-Sync enabled.

Application SLI Profiles Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
• Descent: Underground - updated 3D Vision Profiles
No 3D Vision profiles were added with this version.
3D Compatibility Mode Profiles No compatibility mode profiles were added with this version.

Software Module Versions
• NView - 148.47
• HD Audio Driver - 1.3.34.26
• NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.17.0329
• GeForce Experience - 3.4.0.70
• CUDA - 8.0 Fixed Issues See “Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.65” on page 14 for a list of other changes and resolved issues in this driver version.

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

 [XSplit][DirectX 12 games such as Rise of the Tomb Raider]: Games experience poor performance.[1882697]
 [GeForce GTX TITAN X][SLI][Battlefield 1- XP1 Update]: Shimmering occurs on grass and trees with SLI and in-game TAA enabled. [200289721]
 [GeForce GTX 1070][Serious Sam HD]: Heavy flickering occurs in the game with Vsync enabled. [1881405]
 [GeForce GTX 980 Ti]: The GPU occasionally gets stuck in a low power state after pressing Alt-Tab while playing a game.[1832415]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom