• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Hi all, wondering if someone could help me. Purchased an MSI GTX 1070 from here that arrived today. Plugged the card in and downloaded Geforce experience.
Tried to download the latest drivers and after about 5 minutes of 'installing' it comes up saying it's failed. Tried this numerous times to no avail, even tried downloading the
driver on its own and installing it and still getting the same error message 5 minutes in.

I tried playing a few games with it and after 15-20 minutes they just crash. Presumably this is to do with the drivers?

Hi, When you say the games crash, what message if any do you get?

I keep getting, just had a windows message pop up regarding the display driver has stopped working. Driving me nuts and that's after a recent fresh install after having swapped my HDD for a SSD.

If I'm in a game I need to force close the window and restart.

Associate
Hi all, wondering if someone could help me. Purchased an MSI GTX 1070 from here that arrived today. Plugged the card in and downloaded Geforce experience.
Tried to download the latest drivers and after about 5 minutes of 'installing' it comes up saying it's failed. Tried this numerous times to no avail, even tried downloading the
driver on its own and installing it and still getting the same error message 5 minutes in.

I tried playing a few games with it and after 15-20 minutes they just crash. Presumably this is to do with the drivers?

There was a problem a few weeks ago with the drivers, try disabling your anti virus and firewall as that's what the problem was the last time.

Man of Honour

Bit of a long shot but do you have the latest motherboard bios? Boards of that age can have compatibility problems with newer cards.

Soldato
Found the fault with clocks not idling on the 1080 Ti, When the refresh rate is at 144Hz on my monitor idle clocks go down to 139 on the core and 405 on the memory, As soon as 165Hz is enabled both shoot up to 1300 and 5500.
Hopefully this is fixed with a new driver.

Soldato
download the driver from main site & do cusatom, clean install.

atm it sounds like window has the GPU control. you may have to go to Safe mode go to device manager and right click properties uninstall the driver their

Man of Honour
I doubt it, I wouldn't know how to check? Other than that I've tried everyone's recommendations but nothing has worked yet.

CPU-z will tell you the bios version under the mainboard tab. The latest version is 3603. If you need the latest version download it from here and put it on a usb stick. Reboot the pc and enter the bios. Under the tools tab you will find Ez-Flash. Use that to flash the bios. Save or write down your bios settings first as it will reset them to stock.

Associate
Do any of these new drivers stop that stupid drop to 1 FPS every few minutes when running multiple cards, im starting to get very irritated, i mean i can go back to older drivers where this problem wasnt an issue but then i miss the fixes for newer titles!

Soldato
I had a problem where I couldn't record gameplay on .78 drivers. That the sort of thing you mean?

Might be related, but don't know for sure.

I run Shields and need GF Experience and whenever I change drivers, GFE won't install properly if at all leaving me having to try installing it multiple times until it works.

Varying symptoms of it won't initially launch at all, or constant ctd even though it looks as if it's installed as the directory is created and populated with all the files.

I probably should have been clearer, it's in the driver notes that if you are changing drivers, GFE requires you to clean install.:)

Back
Top Bottom