• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Maybe i should take the plunge, but both on redit and nvidia forums lots of reports of g-sync issues and stutter in games like BF1 and if you have a screen capable of HDR, reports it cant be turned on.

forgets my monitor's color profile every time I add or remove the tv through "Setup multiple displays"
However, playing Stellaris, Civ VI, GTA V and The Witcher 3 all seem a slight bit choppy.
We are still looking into single monitor sleep issues but I've added your info to the bug
getting grey flickering in menus and game in Witcher 3 with these drivers

No g-sync fix on full screen with the 382.05
random stutters and tearing.
back to anniversary update, installed the 378.66 driver and everything back to normal.

Amongst other issues.

Caporegime
Yeah since the last few drivers, HDR via Titan X has gone really weird on my OLED B6V and sometimes I can't even have my G-SYNC desktop monitor and TV connected at the same time without losing signal.

It seems to have co-incided with Windows Insider updates as well.

Soldato
The RGB range setting resets itself to limited on every reboot for me with the new driver. Have to go into the control panel and set it back to full every time. Nvidia's driver has always falsely detected my monitor as needing limited range, but it's never reset it before. Slightly annoying.

Soldato
Anyone else geforce experience wont load?

Yes. Get some crappy unrelated error message.

Capture_254.jpg

So... the story behind this.... I don't usually update my drivers via the GFE. I always download the drivers via the website. Updated to latest drivers but was getting message from GFE that an update was available. :o

When I tried to launch the GFE to disable driver notification it was just failing the launch. Now.... when the PC boots I get the above message.... I click continue and it goes away but it's annoying.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anybody know how I get rid of this notification?

Restart required
Your computer needs to be restarted in order
To finish setting up device:

Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 Ti

It came up after windows installed the driver for my new card. I then tried rebooting in safe mode and deleted any drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller. I then tried installing the latest drivers from Nvidia site which was slightly newer. Did this with clean profile thingy ticked but it still keeps showing the same notification about reboot required.

Nothing has changed on my system except replacing my sli 780 classified's with the new MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X

I hope it is a software error as the new card has crash my system more times today than it has in the past 2 years
frown.gif

Soldato
Does anybody know how I get rid of this notification?

Restart required
Your computer needs to be restarted in order
To finish setting up device:

Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 Ti

It came up after windows installed the driver for my new card. I then tried rebooting in safe mode and deleted any drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller. I then tried installing the latest drivers from Nvidia site which was slightly newer. Did this with clean profile thingy ticked but it still keeps showing the same notification about reboot required.

Nothing has changed on my system except replacing my sli 780 classified's with the new MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X

I hope it is a software error as the new card has crash my system more times today than it has in the past 2 years
frown.gif

What happens when you just click restart now and let it do its thing?

Associate
It restarts? The notification keeps coming back no matter how many times I restart.
I think the card needs to be returned I'm getting artifacts now. :(

Oh and on one of the many BSOD I got

Stop Code:
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Soldato
It restarts? The notification keeps coming back no matter how many times I restart.
I think the card needs to be returned I'm getting artifacts now. :(

Oh and on one of the many BSOD I got

Stop Code:
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Oh if its constant coming back and artifacts i'd RMA it for sure

Associate
hello, i have a friend who came to me for help but i couldn't figure out the solution to his problem, so if anyone have an idea , i would appreciate the help.
he told me that he started having weird graphical bugs about 2 weeks ago, as if anti-aliasing isn't working anymore for him, even though he enables it, he also have some weird bug with shadow disapearing from time to time, and something with blue color being too bright or whatever.
actions tested are : reinstallation for up to date drivers, and tweeking AA in nvidia control panel, both didn't solve the issue.
i dont have lots of experience with win10, but as far as i know is that DX is supposed to be installed automatically, right ? also when checking windows update history, it says nvidia driver failed installation, i don't know if it was due to manual installation of latest drivers or what...
but the problem also exists in Doom, opengl and vulkan, so i guess that should rule out DX issue...
he runs windows 10 64bits, FX8350 and GTX 760, drivers up to date.
edit : he also restaured windows prior to when it was working, didn't solve it either.
also tested with GTX 1050 Ti, the same issue.
LaMwoMV.jpg

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
hello, i have a friend who came to me for help but i couldn't figure out the solution to his problem, so if anyone have an idea , i would appreciate the help.
he told me that he started having weird graphical bugs about 2 weeks ago, as if anti-aliasing isn't working anymore for him, even though he enables it, he also have some weird bug with shadow disapearing from time to time, also something with blue color being too bright or whatever.
actions tested, are reinstallation to up to date drivers, and tweeking AA in nvidia control panel, both didn't solve the issue.
he runs windows 10 64bits, FX8350 and GTX 760, drivers up to date.

LaMwoMV.jpg
If I cannot find a solution I just do a quick backup and format doing a clean install of windows. Fixes the problem 9 times out of 10 :)

Back
Top Bottom