• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Yeah, Windows 10 64bit.

I think it's sorted now. I had to completely uninstall the old drivers. Bit of a ballache as Windows tries to install drivers when you restart.

Last edited:
Associate
I've gone back to 372.90 for my 970.

I can't prove anything but since 372.90 every driver release has felt like a performance step back in comparison.

Maybe I should upgrade, or is that giving NVIDIA what they want? :p

Soldato
Reformat my full ssd ? How will that work with having windows installed ?

Also why would I need to do this if I needed ddu to uninstall GeForce experience ?

Dunno. But I am just envisioning registry corruption, orphaned files etc etc etc... Problems installing Geforce experience in the future...

The point is, if the Nvdia uninstaller isn't able to uninstall GFE it's self, turning to a 3rd party solution to do it is just going to compound the mess.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't think so. Turning to 3rd party solution to clean up an already messy situation usually just causes more mess.

In my experience, just reformat and get back to a nice clean state of affairs.
Dunno. But I am just envisioning registry corruption, orphaned files etc etc etc... Problems installing Geforce experience in the future...

The point is, if the Nvdia uninstaller isn't able to uninstall GFE it's self, turning to a 3rd party solution to do it is just going to compound the mess.
+1

Soldato
By the time your reaching for DDU, it's time to reformat.
I use DDU every time I install a new driver and I've never had an issue with it, going back years now. Unless your Windows install is inherently broken somehow, there's no reason why there should be any future problems after using it. The entire point of the program is that it cleans out everything driver-related so you can start fresh, free from any potential conflicts or issues caused by cruft from old installations.

Back
Top Bottom