• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I use DDU every time I install a new driver and I've never had an issue with it, going back years now. Unless your Windows install is inherently broken somehow, there's no reason why there should be any future problems after using it. The entire point of the program is that it cleans out everything driver-related so you can start fresh, free from any potential conflicts or issues caused by cruft from old installations.

This.

I've also used DDU countless times. Never had an issue.

Soldato
I use DDU every time I install a new driver and I've never had an issue with it, going back years now. Unless your Windows install is inherently broken somehow, there's no reason why there should be any future problems after using it. The entire point of the program is that it cleans out everything driver-related so you can start fresh, free from any potential conflicts or issues caused by cruft from old installations.

But it's not built by Nvidia nor AMD. How does it know if they change install directories or registry keys from driver version to driver version?

I doubt it's updated every time AMD or NVIDIA release a new driver.

It's a bit like the scenario with antivirus. Free is good enough. You don't need paid. Why? Because by the time you have a virus it's time to reformat anyway.

Anyway... That's just my take on the situation.

Caporegime
Nvidia GeForce 382.33

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Tekken 7 and Star Trek Bridge Crew

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Tekken 7 and Star Trek Bridge Crew.

3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:

• Tekken 7 - Fair

Software Module Versions

• NView - 148.47
• HD Audio Driver - 1.3.34.26
• NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.17.0329
• GeForce Experience - 3.6.0.74
• CUDA - 8.0

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 382.33

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

• [TITAN X][3D Vision][Windows 10 Creator’s Update]: The Windows Store does not open when 3D Vision is enabled. [1906805]

• [GeForce GTX 1080Ti][Prey 2]: Stuttering occurs during gameplay. [1902201]

• [GeForce GTX 1070][Windows 10 Creator’s Update]: In multi-display mode, extended monitors cannot be be put into sleep mode. [1916554]

• [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys) after the system reboots from sleep mode. [1814559]

• [GeForce GTX 970][SLI]: SLI cannot be enable unless Norton 360 is disabled or Windows is booted in Safe Mode. [1919094]

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/119399/en-us

Soldato
Geforce drivers have become seriously bloated now. 421mb for a driver is ridiculous. Glad I switched to the red team before the whole spyware thing kicked off :/

Last edited:
Caporegime
I hate having to 'sign into an nVidia account' before it lets me setup Shadowplay.

Yes, GeForce experience IS becoming annoying bloat-ware, its even slow and clunky like Bloat-ware, yes AMD's Crimson ReLive is much better.

Soldato
I only use DDU when switching between AMD or Nvidia or vice versa or maybe installing a new series card otherwise there is no need too.

I have to use it everytime I try and install a new driver for my 1080 as installation always fails and it informs me its rolling back... to glorious 640x480 desktop. Maybe the drivers simply don't like W7 (yes I used the W7 driver version)

Man of Honour
I have to use it everytime I try and install a new driver for my 1080 as installation always fails and it informs me its rolling back... to glorious 640x480 desktop. Maybe the drivers simply don't like W7 (yes I used the W7 driver version)
Maybe it's time to move on from an archaic OS?

Associate
Since I switched from AMD to Nvidia and Win7 to Win10, updating graphics drivers has been an absolute pain.

Unless I use DDU I have to uninstall all elements of Nvidia drivers one at a time because they're all listed individually under "Programs and Features". After I uninstall and reboot, windows interferes by rolling back to an old driver (even with all restore points and C:Nvidia folder deleted when I've disconnected from the internet) or downloads an update itself.

The only way I can install a driver myself is to run the driver exe immediately after landing on the desktop, but even then I fear windows has already started doing something and messing with the clean install process.

Permabanned
Im on Windows 10 and have never heard of anything like that. More likely a borked install of Windows than bad drivers or problems on Nvidia side. I would have reformatted ages ago rather than mess on with installing drivers like that.

Soldato
Used to only have 3 Nv telemetry to block on Autoruns, now it's up to 4 or was it always 4 and I just always missed 1?

I haven't upgrade drivers twice now as it's too much a pita signing in and setting up custom paths for the games it doesn't pick up for Game stream and having to re do the settings since the clean install requirement started for a working GFE due to the known bug, anyone know if Nv's fixed it yet?

Im on Windows 10 and have never heard of anything like that.

Just read back through the thread or google it, lots have issues running W10 and drivers.

I'm running an older W10 build running blocked access to any updates and left it be as I've got to disable Intel gfx as it force downloads the igp driver and then refuses to run through any discrete gpu be it Amd/Nv as it switches the display output from your discrete to onboard, not much kop with a G-Sync panel with a sole Dp, it was a huge pita to identify too.

Love W10 but it's got way too many problems regarding forced driver installation.

Soldato
Used to only have 3 Nv telemetry to block on Autoruns, now it's up to 4 or was it always 4 and I just always missed 1?

I haven't upgrade drivers twice now as it's too much a pita signing in and setting up custom paths for the games it doesn't pick up for Game stream and having to re do the settings since the clean install requirement started for a working GFE due to the known bug, anyone know if Nv's fixed it yet?

Just read back through the thread or google it, lots have issues running W10 and drivers.

I'm running an older W10 build running blocked access to any updates and left it be as I've got to disable Intel gfx as it force downloads the igp driver and then refuses to run through any discrete gpu be it Amd/Nv as it switches the display output from your discrete to onboard, not much kop with a G-Sync panel with a sole Dp, it was a huge pita to identify too.

Love W10 but it's got way too many problems regarding forced driver installation.

just turn integrated graphic off in BIOS /issue resolved.

Back
Top Bottom