• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Hearing some bad things about this latest release but I've been running them since day one and they've been no problem at all. Obviously everyone has a different experience but it's all good here.

Was going to give these a miss but saw your post and decided to give them a punt.

Glad I did, these have made Dishonored 2 run a lot smoother.

Seem to be the best driver for me, for quite a while.

Associate
I installed the 384.76 drivers last night and didn't have any problems but today WoW, Diablo 3 and BF1 were unplayable with BF1 having some sort of screen distortion. I have just reinstalled them and they seem to be OK now.

Soldato
What drivers would you recommend for a 1080Ti on Win10? Just use the latest? (hoping to install it today! :D)

Would that change for a GTX 980 on Windows 10? (I hear driver updates don't always benefit last gen, so what's best for a 980?)

Thanks guys.

Caporegime
Has anyone seen Graphics corruption like this?

Game: Insurgency, Running DSR 4K.
Drivers: 384.76
I was streaming to Youtube. it has rude words (potty mouth Worzel :p) so can't link it here, but if you want to see it Google: Youtube, Abundant Cores, Insurgency. The issue starts at 32m18s

gfxc.png

After loading a new map....

gfxc1.png

I played Boarderlands 2 after that and it was fine.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Funny thing is, using ddu to wipe the drivers and then to install the latest release seems to have worked this time. I had no end of problems trying to simply update them though.

Soldato
Anyway to force a refresh rate for certain apps.

I know you can force monitor maximum in the control panel, but is there a way to force something inbetween? Some games I want to run at either 100 or 120 (for strobing backlight), but a lot of games don't give you the option and just take the desktop.

Soldato
NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers 384.94

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-geforce-graphics-drivers/

Game Ready

Provides the optimal gaming experience for LawBreakers, ARK: Survival Evolved,
Fortnite Early Access, Dark and Light, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Game Ready VR
Provides the optimal gaming experience for EVE: Valkyrie's "Ultra" graphics update.

Application SLI Profiles

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:

• ARK: Survival Evolved
  • IL-2: Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
  • Lawbreakers
3D Vision Profiles

Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:

• Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Not Recommended
  • Lawbreakers - Fair
  • ARK: Survival Evolved - Not Recommended
Changes and Fixed Issues

• [SLI][GeForce GTX 980][IL2-Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad]: There is no performance improvement under DirectX 11 after enabling SLI. [1903543]
  • [Star Ruler 2]: The game crashes within minutes of gameplay. [1945976]
  • [Titan Xp][Mass Effect - Andromeda]: After launching the game in full-screen mode, HDR cannot be enabled from the in-game HDR settings. [200315052]
  • [GeForce TX 1070/1080][Shadow Warrior 2]: Windows HDR settings conflict with in-game HDR settings, resulting in color over-saturation. [1882582]
  • [GeForce GTX 970][Gears of War 4]: The game may freeze with Release 384 drivers.[1954654]
  • [GeForce GTX 780/780 Ti][NieR:Automata]: The screen may freeze during gameplay. [1892334]
  • [Titan X][Watch Dogs 2]: The game may crash when launched. [1952270]
  • [GeForce GTX][DNF]: Poor game performance. [1936955]
  • [Windows Store - Channel 9 / rPlay]: In full-screen mode, the application playback becomes choppy and then the application crashes. [1953090]
  • [GeForce GTX 980][DisplayPort]: There is no signal on the monitor after turning the monitor off and then back on. [1904801]
Windows 10 Issues

• [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors. [1835763]
  • [GeForce GTX 1070][Surround]: The [Ctrl+Alt+S] keyboard shortcut does not enable or disable Surround. [1932397]
  • [GeForce GTX 1070][Doom]: The GPU clocks remain running at high performance speeds after exiting from the game. [1954033]
  • [GeForce GTX 970][Quantum Break]: Drop in frame rate occurs when playing the game. [1955903]

There's a notebook driver too, but the link isn't live yet.

CKZ2PUk.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom