• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
i had a celeron 300 which i ran for years at 450mhz. what a fantastic machine (bang for buck) that was ..... I also had a Duron 750 i think it was which i bought from overclockers guaranteed to 900mhz if memory serves.

I would counter almost the polar opposite of the OP....... if you are not overclocking then you are potentially wasting money (a good overclock can easily mean you can skip an upgrade cycle IME)

I am still running my Black Friday 2015 i7 5820K bundle now.... it breezes 4.25ghz and could do more but i just do not see the need, i would rather keep my temps and fan speeds down a bit.

Caporegime
v417.01 WHQL Released

Game Ready

Provides the optimal gaming experience for Darksiders III.

Application SLI Profiles

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:

• Artifact
Fixed Issues

• Monitor refresh rates higher than 30 Hz cannot be applied on 4k monitors. [2423614]
  • Frame Rate Limiter 2 may not work. [2423316]
  • [Turing GPUs]: Event ID 14 error may occur if CSM is disabled in the system BIOS. [2434721]
  • [GeForce TX 650]: Shadowplay recordings are corrupted. [2416982]
  • [G-Sync]: G-sync may not disengage after exiting games. [2418574]
  • [GeForce Experience][Ansel]: Ansel images appear incomplete when the resolution is set to 30x or greater. [2082395]
Windows 10 Issues

• [GeForce GTX 1080Ti]: Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips. [2079538]
  • [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. [2107201]
  • Display corruption may occur on higher refresh rate DisplayPort monitors upon resume from sleep mode. [2438988]
  • [G-Sync]: Random flickering occurs when connecting G-sync monitor + non-G-Sync HDMI monitor with G-Sync enabled. [2399845]

Last edited:
Soldato
Think we found the one person who actually uses Edge :) ghastly browser.
:p
Dunno what's going on with it. I've uninstalled the latest driver and it now seems fine. It was working sometimes but if I tried to go to a few website it would hang and then couldn't use sites that would work before after that point.
I find the browsers much alike to be honest. I've gotten more used to Edge so tend to just use that. I do use Firefox too. I've used them all in the past, now a bit older I just stick to something that works....usually works :). There was something I think I read recently about Edge actually being the fastest and/or more secure. Might have dreamt it tho.
Anyway, bit of a heads up. Latest driver might be pants for Edge users :). Try it, maybe I'm an "odd" case :)

Man of Honour
How does one add steam games to NVidia control panel\program settings?

I always thought it would do it auto :(

Manage 3D Settings->Program Settings->Add ? and browse for the executable in the install folder - usually in Steam folder.

Most games should get added automatically though.

Soldato
Manage 3D Settings->Program Settings->Add ? and browse for the executable in the install folder - usually in Steam folder.

Most games should get added automatically though.

Not one of my 100 steam games has been added :(

In most cases it is auto to be fair. But as rroff has shown, it is very easy to add if it is not on the list :)

If you launch the game and exit, then NCP will show it as a pre-defined choice which will save you hunting for the .exe

I will do that from now one.

Thanks guys :)

Back
Top Bottom