• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Permabanned
Can confirm, If you use G-Sync Windowed, The latest driver breaks it completely, Go back to the previous 436.48.

For the filters you open GFE ingame, Setup what you want and then close it, You also don't need to have GFE open in the background either.

I am bamboozled, I run a game i cannot see anything as i hate tabbing i thought it had to ran at the same time. I even added them to GFE as games so you say then do not start GFE anymore just alt and f3? I need to test this more i thought iy had to be ran all the time.

There is no instructions on how to minimally use the filters what is your method?

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce Experience To Receive ReShade Support

In case you haven’t used ReShade, or even heard about it, there are hundreds of videos available on YouTube showing a variety of user-made filters for this post-processing injector. The purpose of this tool is to enhance the viewing experience in many popular games by adding (often missing) features such as SMAA antialiasing, screen-space ambient occlusions, etc., or by adding vibrant colors to ‘faded’ titles.

It is hard to say how will this affect the popularity of the ReShade Project. It may depend on the implementation with NVIDIA software. NVIDIA only claims users will be able to “tap into hundreds of filters”, but not specify if they can be manually imported.

The new driver with ReShade support will be available next week during GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER launch. NVIDIA confirmed that ReShade filters will be supported through GeForce Experience using NVIDIA Freestyle and Ansel technologies.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-to-add-reshade-filters-to-geforce-drivers

Soldato
I am bamboozled, I run a game i cannot see anything as i hate tabbing i thought it had to ran at the same time. I even added them to GFE as games so you say then do not start GFE anymore just alt and f3? I need to test this more i thought iy had to be ran all the time.

There is no instructions on how to minimally use the filters what is your method?

I don't do anything special, I just run a game, Open GFE ingame, Set the filter, Close GFE and play.

Video for you -

Soldato
That's amusing. @LoadsaMoney

So many people get excited from jacked up settings. All I see is a saturated image with lots of jaggies.

I really don't get it myself. The only thing I use filters for sometimes is to sharpen up the image if its smearfest and/or remove jaggies incase the game doesn't offer proper AA. I do not want some over saturated image.

Soldato
That's amusing. @LoadsaMoney

So many people get excited from jacked up settings. All I see is a saturated image with lots of jaggies.

I really don't get it myself. The only thing I use filters for sometimes is to sharpen up the image if its smearfest and/or remove jaggies incase the game doesn't offer proper AA. I do not want some over saturated image.

Keep in mind it depends on display as well. Years ago when I had a ****** 144hz TN monitor I'd boost up the vibrance significantly too, so it would be half-usable (esp for CSGO). Probably a similar situation here. If you have a good display then you no longer need to.

Soldato
Still something wrong with G-Sync after the last few driver updates, Fullscreen it works perfectly, Windowed even with the prior game ready drivers it randomly decides to stop working upon the launch of various games, If I switch to fullscreen ingame it works straight away.

Soldato
New driver out - Geforce 441.08 WHQL

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-441-08-whql-driver-download.html

• GeForce Game Ready driver 441.08 provides support for the GTX 1660 Super
  • It also adds NVCP Sharpening controls and NULL (NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency mode) for Gsync
  • Added support for HDMI 2.1 VRR.
Software Module Versions
  • nView - 149.77
  • HD Audio Driver - 1.3.38.21
  • NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
  • GeForce Experience - 3.20.0.118
  • CUDA - 10.1
  • Standard NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.940.0
  • DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.956.0
575mb

Soldato
I don't see any Reshade filters after pressing Alt-F3, just brings up the normal selection...Suppose I must be missing something obvious.

Soldato
Sorted.

I had to install the DCH driver which means I had to create the 'Ansel' folder in the 'Nvidia Corporation' folder and then manually download the Reshade filters from Nvidia & put them in the Ansel folder.

Way to go Nvidia!, never make a simple job...simple, when you can make it hard :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom