• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

V F

V F

Soldato
@Ree There are lots of people complaining how unstable these drivers are crashing their games to the desktop as well as from the driver resetting.

Ree

Ree

Associate
@Ree There are lots of people complaining how unstable these drivers are crashing their games to the desktop as well as from the driver resetting.

yeah seems as if it's just a waiting game for a fix. think i've tried just about everything that i could. ea servers are down anyway so no frustrations this afternoon :p

Associate
Reduce the overclock

Apparently that hasn't worked either. Had a couple of crashes over the last 8hrs gaming (only in black ops 4). It seems the crashes are random. Reducing the OC hasn't reduced the amount of crashes in the last 48hr sample. Seems it was just having a good day when I initially turned off any OC.
The point that gets me: Why did reinstalling the game allow me to play for a few days without crashing? As now it feels like the crashes are becoming more frequent again.

Edit:

Just had another Blops crash. I noticed that another error has been appearing when the game crashes or closes to desktop. Event viewer is showing: disk 2 has been surprise removed. I don't have a disk 2.
I also noticed that this error may also causes the game to stutter for a second, i'm guessing it's these moments when it decides to crash or not.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Apparently that hasn't worked either. Had a couple of crashes over the last 8hrs gaming (only in black ops 4). It seems the crashes are random. Reducing the OC hasn't reduced the amount of crashes in the last 48hr sample. Seems it was just having a good day when I initially turned off any OC.
The point that gets me: Why did reinstalling the game allow me to play for a few days without crashing? As now it feels like the crashes are becoming more frequent again.

That's funny because that was what happened to me with The Division 2. First night, solid as a rock. Each night after that, driver crashes exactly every 1h 30m - 2 hours.

As I know it's not my system as I was on 430 that got upgraded to 432 and I could play for 7 hours straight. Then I installed these drivers and it all went to pot.

Soldato
That's funny because that was what happened to me with The Division 2. First night, solid as a rock. Each night after that, driver crashes exactly every 1h 30m - 2 hours.

As I know it's not my system as I was on 430 that got upgraded to 432 and I could play for 7 hours straight. Then I installed these drivers and it all went to pot.

With the Division 2 if you have an Nvidia card that isn't Turing switch to DX11. I was getting crashes (Pascal) when I was using DX12 and thought it was my memory.

Soldato

Edit:

Just had another Blops crash. I noticed that another error has been appearing when the game crashes or closes to desktop. Event viewer is showing: disk 2 has been surprise removed. I don't have a disk 2.
I also noticed that this error may also causes the game to stutter for a second, i'm guessing it's these moments when it decides to crash or not.

Is that the only overclock your running?

V F

V F

Soldato
With the Division 2 if you have an Nvidia card that isn't Turing switch to DX11. I was getting crashes (Pascal) when I was using DX12 and thought it was my memory.

People on 2070/80's were complaining about the crashes as well with these latest drivers.

Caporegime
GeForce Game Ready 445.87 WHQL Released

Game Ready for the Minecraft with RTX Beta
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for the Minecraft with RTX Beta. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered, Saints Row: The Third Remastered, and SnowRunner.

Fixed Issues
  • [GeForce RTX 2080 Ti][Rise Of The Tomb Raider – DirectX 12]: Blue-screen crash occurs after playing the game for 5-10 minutes. [2904755/2847526]
  • [Doom Eternal]: There is black flickering in the game. [2904116]
  • Some DirectX 11 games may fail to launch when Image Sharpening is enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel: [2901920]
  • [Notebook]: Graphical corruption may occur after resume from display sleep. [2859247]
Known Issues
  • [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [200594188]
  • [Notebook][GeForce 1050 Ti MaxQ]: The screen displays corruption after waking from display off. [2859247]
  • [SLI][Doom Eternal]: Corruption occurs in the game upon opening the Steam overlay. [200593967]
  • (Battlefield 5, Destiny 2)[HDR]: With HDR enabled, the games appear too bright. [2909218]
  • [Monster Hunter World Iceborne]: Artifacts appear in the game. [2903858]
  • [Call of Duty – Warzone]: Freestyle does not work. (200593020)
  • [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. [2781776]
  • [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are undetectable. [2810884]
  • [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.[200578641]
    To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/minecraft-with-rtx-game-ready-driver/

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
When it comes to the Division 2 tho the game is very buggy on Nvidia at least. It's a bad game to use as a benchmark to see if the latest Nvidia drivers are buggy or not as it it's self is very buggy.

The sad thing is the performance is so good with DX12. It's anything from 88 - 120fps locked with all maxed details in heavy battle. I keep the frame rate capped to keep the fan noise down. In DX11 it can drop below 60fps sometimes in heavy battle but rare.

Soldato
The sad thing is the performance is so good with DX12. It's anything from 88 - 120fps locked with all maxed details in heavy battle. I keep the frame rate capped to keep the fan noise down. In DX11 it can drop below 60fps sometimes in heavy battle but rare.

I know. But I was crashing every game session when using DX12. Sure fps was down when I switched to DX11 but at least I wasn't CTD every few hours. DX11 has other issues tho like stutter and of course crappy fps.

Soldato

Edit:

The disk 2 surprise removed message occurs because you have installed the Microsoft Game Pass for PC beta client. It's not an error as such, I believe Microsoft are using a virtual disk which is intermittently 'removed' which is why this is logged as an error. This virtual disk is even shown in HWInfo as MSFT XVDD which is how I know.

Soldato
When it comes to the Division 2 tho the game is very buggy on Nvidia at least. It's a bad game to use as a benchmark to see if the latest Nvidia drivers are buggy or not as it it's self is very buggy.
There was a known issue in the release notes for ages stating that the Division 2 may crash under DX12 on Nvidia hardware, I can't remember whether it was ever listed as being fixed or if it just disappeared from the release notes one day.

Soldato
I noticed my start menu had stopped working after installing 445.87, I had to restart the PC to get it working again (right click on the start button to get the menu allowing you to shut down/restart). When I ran SFC /scannow (system file checker tool) it found corrupt files and repaired them. I don't know whether this was Nvidia or Microsoft's fault.

Ree

Ree

Associate
just ran the scan and got it too.

d04e5025368ab70623c419e70789c2b9.png

Back
Top Bottom