• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Game Ready driver 546.17

Open Issues

• [Discord] When streaming gameplay, colors may appear muted [4349586]
Additional Open Issues from GeForce Forums

Notes: This is not new. Manuel from Nvidia has been tracking any additional driver issues in their forum post separate from release notes. Started doing this recently and will continue moving forward

• [Discord] When streaming gameplay, colors may appear muted [4349586]
  • A new NVIDIA icon is created in the system tray each time a user switch takes place in Windows. [4251314]
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
  • [GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series] PC may randomly freeze/bugcheck when Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
  • Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923]
  • [Alienware X17 R2 w/ GeForce RTX 3080 Ti] Display goes blank when DirectX game is launched while notebook is in dedicated GPU mode [4146369]
  • [RTX 4060 Ti] Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]
  • Slight stutter may be observed when scrolling in web browsers on certain systems [4362307]
How have they not fixed these especially the Chromium based one..

Caporegime
Totalitarian governments would love you.

Do you lock your home before leaving to go to work or out in general ?

I just never get this discussion point though, you use the internet? You shop at amazon? You watch youtube? You google? You use gmail? You use calendar? If yes to most or all of those, I doubt using firefox over chrome will make much difference to your privacy as chances are, it's already been passed around via one source to another and so on unless you are proper anal about it. That and in a world of 7/8 billion people, what will make said companies care specifically about you (unless something to hide/illegal or/and you're famous.....) compared to everyone else? Not to mention, you'll be dead at some point and will you really care that you protected your digital footprint?

Of course, would be great to use alternatives to all of those things where the companies aren't farming your data but alas, there's no competition to google for things like search engine, email, youtube/video platform and so on.

Most important thing is protecting access to accounts via strong unique passwords, 2fa etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just never get this discussion point though, you use the internet? You shop at amazon? You watch youtube? You google? You use gmail? You use calendar? If yes to most or all of those, I doubt using firefox over chrome will make much difference to your privacy as chances are, it's already been passed around via one source to another and so on unless you are proper anal about it. That and in a world of 7/8 billion people, what will make said companies care specifically about you (unless something to hide/illegal or/and you're famous.....) compared to everyone else? Not to mention, you'll be dead at some point and will you really care that you protected your digital footprint?

Of course, would be great to use alternatives to all of those things where the companies aren't farming your data but alas, there's no competition to google for things like search engine, email, youtube/video platform and so on.

Most important thing is protecting access to accounts via strong unique passwords, 2fa etc.

I put in effort online to keep my private life private, Virtual credit card etc... Outside of governmental business I never use my real name or address for anything online and if more people did that then corporations wouldn't practically own peoples information and be so brazen about parasitically leeching information 24/7.

It's not about hiding and has never been, This is something many people do not understand and like to very falsely label it as such. It's about not giving corporations so much information that they should never have in the first place.

Anyway wildly off topic now :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I put in effort online to keep my private life private, Virtual credit card etc... Outside of governmental business I never use my real name or address for anything online and if more people did that then corporations wouldn't practically own peoples information and be so brazen about parasitically leeching information 24/7.

It's not about hiding and has never been, This is something many people do not understand and like to very falsely label it as such. It's about not giving corporations so much information that they should never have in the first place.

Anyway wildly off topic now :D

Of course if means are there, protect yourself by using your virtual cards, not using your real name are all givens and nothing really wrong about that but unless you really want to protect yourself and don't like chrome for privacy reasons then I presume you are also using solutions which aren't google provided and are 100% locked down?

Government will have access regardless tbh, I wouldn't be surprised they have backdoors into everything nowadays especially surrounding social media platforms.

You use Chrome? I would feel dirty using that. Lol
Wtf Firefox is best!
Chrome runs quicker for me and is less of a resource hog :p I also prefer how it looks, more modern.

Caporegime
How old is your computer? How much resources do you really need these days for a browser? Or are one of those ones that have hundreds of tabs open for some reason? :p
Haha no I only have about 15 tabs open :p

Just pages etc. in general load quicker I find.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Has anyone had an issue with HDMI / Display Port audio cutting out?

It seems to happen intermittently, sometimes just mid playback, but particularly if eg changing youtube from full screen video back to browser or vice versa, selecting a point on the video timeline etc. When the audio cuts, the video goes a bit jittery. The audio hasn't cut out when gaming, so I think it's related to changing focus from the video to a new tab/fullscreen It could even be a chrome issue?

Google seems to suggest this is a common-ish issue and points to it being related to high refresh rates (above 60hz) and . I've tried a few possible solutions (using nvidia colour settings seems to be the main fix mentioned) but none worked.

The issue sounds similar to an issue which has been referenced in previous driver notes as being fixed, but I'm on the latest drivers and still having the issue.

Changing audio the "spatial sound" from "off" to "windows sonic headphones" fixes it temporarily, but this seems irrelevant, as if I leave it on "windos sonic headphones" it still happens, but then changing to "off" fixes it, again, temporarily.

I think this is just re-syncing the displayport/hdmi connection, so logically, it would seem a connection issue, but I'm not sure what is causing the issue in the first place.

I've tried changing the cable, but this hasn't solved the issue.

I did notice that in device manager the onboard gpu was using the basic windows driver, so I've installed the AMD Adrenalin drivers (driver only - no control panels etc), on the off chance that was relevant, however, this made no difference.

Spec for reference/

1080p 144hz
1080Ti
DisplayPort connected to monitor, then 3.5mm to speakers

I have been using onboard AMD GPU for a while as a stopgap and didn't have this issue. I only recently bought the 1080ti, so can't comment on whether this is only present in recent drivers etc. The software fix suggests to me that this is a software issue, rather than a hardware issue though.

Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any ideas?

Edit - No cut outs using Bluetooth headset, so definitely GPU audio related

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone had an issue with HDMI / Display Port audio cutting out?
I have 4 displays, 3xDP and 1xHDMI.. never had an issue with this but then i never install the Nvidia audio driver as i use an Asus Xonar sound card (using 546.08 driver).

Have accidently installed the Nvidia driver in the past but never noticed this issue either.

By the way, Windows Sonic sounds terrible compared to DTS Sound Unbound which is way better, especially in headphones, just a shame i have to keep manually switching to DTS as Windows keeps defaulting to Sonic after each reboot :(

Soldato
I have 4 displays, 3xDP and 1xHDMI.. never had an issue with this but then i never install the Nvidia audio driver as i use an Asus Xonar sound card (using 546.08 driver).

Have accidently installed the Nvidia driver in the past but never noticed this issue either.

By the way, Windows Sonic sounds terrible compared to DTS Sound Unbound which is way better, especially in headphones, just a shame i have to keep manually switching to DTS as Windows keeps defaulting to Sonic after each reboot :(
Thanks. Good idea. I'll try uninstalling Nvidia audio drivers and see if that makes any difference.

I generally leave the windows sonic thing on "off" and turn off all the "enhancements" as they're all pretty terrible in my experience

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom