• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
My Titans were hitting 80c in Metro on 320.18, I've yet to try with these, however I didn't think that to be of any concern. A lot of the reviews have them running at these temps under-load out of the box too. Can't comment on the 770 though :).

Permabanned
What cards have actually been confirmed to have heat problems? All I've read is people flapping about, without any evidence.

I've got evidence, scaldingly hot 570s in sli and an overheated to the point of artifacting permanently now GTX 480

Caporegime
I had to lol at this

The 320 drivers are horrible POS, all of them lol.
going back to the 314.22 which are flawless.

The only issue I had with the 320's were freeze ups in windows and or firefox, turned my system into an unstable pos. Never had that issue before or since going back to the previous drivers. Maybe Nvidia are slacking :D

Associate
I have'nt tried the new Beta's yet but it seem's (reading around the Nvid Forums & others) the BF3 issue is fix but performace is woeful ! This I found in the leeked 320.39's...

Fixed one thing & brake another !

I will try later & feed back ?

Soldato
:(

Since I moved to Nvidia last summer, they have been pretty bad with their drivers.

they just dont seem to be able to bring out something that is good and doesnt brake something whilst fixing something else...

Permabanned
Installed the new beta, played crisis 3 for like two minutes and jerk fest, reinstalled 320.18. Await newer drivers, fed up, cheesed off, had enough, I want an Amiga, but would settle for Atari 65XE

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Metro Last Light on 320.49 still crashes erratically on Titan SLi here. Video will stop responding but can hear audio. Sometimes no error message just have to alt tab.

Not one to point fingers normally but it does seem 320.** have been the worst drivers in a long time, really poor show.

Caporegime
Is the weird random Windows lockup the previous official release had on certain systems fixed with this driver?

Response

I had a lockup within the last hour.

I having desktop lock-ups, mouse freezing and disappearing, Firefox is freezing, it's a terrible unstable mess. I haven't tried any games, because the desktop keeps freezing. Rolling back to the 314.22. In my opinion; nothing has improved, it only gotten worse.

What a right bunch of failures at Nvidia :mad::mad::mad: this is the exact issue I had with all the 320's and have been perfect previously. I'll stick with the 31x

Soldato
OP
GeForce 320.49 Driver BETA is on the main Nvidia website now, seems a WHQL might be added over the next couple of days. Hopefully that will fix the weird problems people are getting. Until then it may be worth sticking with 314.22..

Soldato
Metro Last Light on 320.49 still crashes erratically on Titan SLi here. Video will stop responding but can hear audio. Sometimes no error message just have to alt tab.

Not one to point fingers normally but it does seem 320.** have been the worst drivers in a long time, really poor show.

Sadly its the game thats causing that. awful coding for gf110 core based cards.

Back
Top Bottom