• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
The only thing that irritates me at the moment is manually recording starting then stopping instantly. It just randomly stops working when I'm trying to capture footage, even though it previously did a few days before and only a driver reinstall brings it back working. Not found any other "fix" that can get it working apart from the reinstall.

Associate
It only does that if you've got something running that's DRM protected, so Netflix, prime etc can't be open in the BG I found.
I wish that was the case, but no browsers, video player apps open and it still does it from time to time, just bare bones which is why I've always found it baffling.

Had the issue today, saw there was a new driver and installed it, then I was able to capture again. :confused:

Soldato
Found the cause of my frame drops...

Just played DayZ and it was stuttering, low frame rates just like Star Citizen. Saw my GPU was saying 0% which wasn't right. Alt Tabbed, came back in and game was running fine. Enabled GPU/CPU monitoring, instant drop/stutter and doesn't come back unless I alt-tab. So It's the Nvidia App :/

In some games I have encountered a weird issue where if I alt tab out of the game and go back in, the game looks like it's running at 30fps with cpu and gpu doing nothing and only way to fix is to restart the game. I dont have the nvidia app installed; this issue happens in Diablo 4 and last game was also happening in Starfield

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In some games I have encountered a weird issue where if I alt tab out of the game and go back in, the game looks like it's running at 30fps with cpu and gpu doing nothing and only way to fix is to restart the game. I dont have the nvidia app installed; this issue happens in Diablo 4 and last game was also happening in Starfield

If on Windows 11 may be related to a problem with Windows 11 that forces some background/unfocussed 3D stuff to run at 10 FPS and sometimes never recovers. AFAIK currently no fix unless/until MS pull their heads out their rears.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only thing that irritates me at the moment is manually recording starting then stopping instantly. It just randomly stops working when I'm trying to capture footage, even though it previously did a few days before and only a driver reinstall brings it back working. Not found any other "fix" that can get it working apart from the reinstall.
I had this to and the only way to fix it for me was to install a older driver

Back
Top Bottom