• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

What issues were you getting with the latest drivers in VR, also what headset do you use?
I'm getting an idea of was the recent update to Virtual Desktop that caused these issues.....

Steam-Link.png

The game Half Life 2 VR mod....

error.png

using DDU in safe mode and then installing 552.44, recommended by VD, and all was well with both of those errors.

But updating to 560.81 and all remained well.

For me the issues only started when VD went through the recent update to the app on the Quest 3 and the Streamer on the PC.

The performance in other games went really bad as well.

All ok now tho....

I'm getting an idea of was the recent update to Virtual Desktop that caused these issues.....

Steam-Link.png

The game Half Life 2 VR mod....

error.png

using DDU in safe mode and then installing 552.44, recommended by VD, and all was well with both of those errors.

But updating to 560.81 and all remained well.

For me the issues only started when VD went through the recent update to the app on the Quest 3 and the Streamer on the PC.

The performance in other games went really bad as well.

All ok now tho....

Thanks, it seems the recent update to Virtual Desktop is causing all sorts of problems, as seen on the Virtual Desktop discord.

Thanks, it seems the recent update to Virtual Desktop is causing all sorts of problems, as seen on the Virtual Desktop discord.

Yeah it seems so. False positives with AV's and other issues.
I did read a post from one of the devs suggesting to use SteamVR as the preferred runtime for now. Not read details about that tho.
Using VD can be problematic with certain Meta games, so I use Air Link instead for those.

Thanks, if true nice little bump for some games and some see pretty high increases but were running at very high frame rates to start with, maybe drivers helped with utilising the CPU more.. Will give them a go and see, but understand why you removed it now too as some of these youtube channels are just clickbait. Could also be the recent windows update too helping the AMD CPU to push more frames too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom