• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Yea. From what I gather, this isnt DX11 optimisations, but rather Nvidia driver optimisations.

Really, if this is all true, would be magical, but really needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Also makes you think, why now and not ages ago?

Yea. From what I gather, this isnt DX11 optimisations, but rather Nvidia driver optimisations.

Really, if this is all true, would be magical, but really needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Also makes you think, why now and not ages ago?

Maybe Microsoft have allowed nVidia the D3D libraries and they can see ways to bring more gains to their hardware? Just a possibility.

Fixed that for you ;)

Really because it still says "form" instead of "from", it's bad enough my disability makes me type like an idiot but now your failing at proof reading my posts? you're fired! :P

Maybe Microsoft have allowed nVidia the D3D libraries and they can see ways to bring more gains to their hardware? Just a possibility.

Or maybe Nvidia were happy with their price/performance and profits and just couldn't be bothered. After all who would have bought a 780ti if a 780 with these uber drivers did the job :P

People saying that this sort of improvement cannot be done so take these claims with a pinch of salt, but isn't this exactly the same sort of thing that AMD did back with the 7970, suddenly producing a driver that improved things across the board?

So this sort of improvement can be done as AMD did it last year.(it may have been the year before I cannot remember)

I'm disappointed in you gregster arnt you supposed to tweet/instagram Nvidia and get a date for us :( You need to work on your tweeting skills :rolleyes: Oh free samples of products would be good too if you can wangle some ty :)
Wont look good if we have to get LTmatt to tweet Nvidia for dates :)

I'm disappointed in you gregster arnt you supposed to tweet/instagram Nvidia and get a date for us :( You need to work on your tweeting skills :rolleyes: Oh free samples of products would be good too if you can wangle some ty :)

I have asked but I am not very good at that brown nosing.... Maybe better if Matt asks :D

Nvidia havent said the NEXT driver will be these magic ones, have they? :eek:

Rumor is next 2 weeks for the miracle driver..

i'm just glad the green boys are finally getting the performance they paid for

I've been getting the performance I paid for since installing my 780Ti's :p. The miracle driver is just an added bonus for me. A cherry on top.. Very much like AMD launching that driver about 10 months after the 7XXX series that really boosted performance. All good stuff.

I have asked but I am not very good at that brown nosing.... Maybe better if Matt asks :D

Do your own dirty work Gregorio. Brian Burke is much more likely to respond to you. ;)

People saying that this sort of improvement cannot be done so take these claims with a pinch of salt, but isn't this exactly the same sort of thing that AMD did back with the 7970, suddenly producing a driver that improved things across the board?

So this sort of improvement can be done as AMD did it last year.(it may have been the year before I cannot remember)

Not really the same though. GCN was a brand new architecture for AMD and it took them a while to get up to speed. Kepler is out for 2 years now, it's kinda hard to believe that there is much more optimisations that can be done to get massive performance increases.

Normally at this stage we are talking about small improvements and usually on a per game basis.

Will be interesting to see if they do bring the massive performance gains that they are talking about.

Not really the same though. GCN was a brand new architecture for AMD and it took them a while to get up to speed. Kepler is out for 2 years now, it's kinda hard to believe that there is much more optimisations that can be done to get massive performance increases.

Normally at this stage we are talking about small improvements and usually on a per game basis.

Will be interesting to see if they do bring the massive performance gains that they are talking about.

These aren't your regular driver tweaks. They seem to be wholesale replacing functions in the DX API that the game and hardware spend a lot of time waiting on.

Back
Top Bottom