• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Considering some were soapboxing nvidia's recent 10-20% driver improvements not so long ago, doesn't it make a mockery that they are 'now' able to give super enhancements (or claim to) since mantle came on the scene.

I am glad everyone is getting this performance for nothing, as quite clearly the PC market has been stagnating.

It's not been stagnating it's been propped up by people buying massively expensive GPUs.

I've changed my opinion a tad on pcper. I think Ryan has changed his outlook a little bit after getting some (deserved) criticism over it. Don't get me wrong, they favour Nvidia and it shows at times, but they're not one completely one sided. They have a preference towards Nvidia, but they will promote AMD as much as they do Nvidia.

I've changed my opinion a tad on pcper. I think Ryan has changed his outlook a little bit after getting some (deserved) criticism over it. Don't get me wrong, they favour Nvidia and it shows at times, but they're not one completely one sided. They have a preference towards Nvidia, but they will promote AMD as much as they do Nvidia.

That's nice dear :p

That was his reply from humbug he did fully understand :p
Anyway am not saying this is hard fact that pcper are just spreading bs am just passing on what I have read about on other forums.

To be honest when you read the (pcper) article, its pretty fair. Certainly when you compare it to something like the wccftech article. Wccftech are always about sensationalism. At least pcper acknowledge what amd have done with mantle.

Nvidia are getting new drivers that improve performance? Good. As an AMD owner, this doesn't affect me at all and my PC will be just as quick as it was before Nvidia release their drivers. As a PC gamer, I'm really pleased for my green-tinged brethren that their PCs will be performing faster for no extra cash.

There we go fellow red team fanboys - was that SO hard?!? :p

Actually, just remembered the GPU in my little LAN PC is an old 460, so I guess it may affect me after all! :)

Looking back at my tweet now it has missed the first part. I posted the link to what I was asking and then continued to ask if dx11 had more performance to give.

I asked Roy about 'all this' privately. His response was not what i was expecting TBH.

Turns out he knows the guy at Nvidia who does all their this marketing stuff, he said the man is pretty good at what he does. effective at his job.

About all this DX talk, he didn't say much of any use. if anything, other than alluding to Mantle having a profound effect amongst developers.

To me, this is perhaps why MS and Nvidia suddenly seem to be loosing their heads on what looks like damage control.

AMD seem pretty calm and quiet about this, i actually tried to get him to think about them responding somehow, he didn't batter an eye lid.

The thing is why would AMD respond? to get into a war of words and slides?

I think they expected this, with everyone around them is shouting for attention, AMD just quietly do.

The only other thing he said to me was all Developers also know this Nvidia PR guy, and know how good he is at what he does. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom