• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
It's the 1st Beta driver vs how many mantle builds?

I'm very intrigued by better CPU scaling in DX, I like the idea that this CPU scaling does not need a different API compatibility.

I have no interest in spending £800 on a CPU setup + accompanying MOBO ecte.. or even £400.

So, if its good enough then i don't need to, that is the question i have to ask myself, i know how good Mantle is, Frankly i'm getting £450 worth of CPU performance on a 4 year old AMD CPU.

That CPU drags my FPS to ~40 in places using DX, In Mantle its twice that high minimum and thats not because of the CPU, its the GPU.

I don't want to go back to my FPS jumping around, and getting low.

So before i spend my money on my next GPU i want to know how good it actually is for certain.

Permabanned
Well as said before you only need a £200ish CPU in the thread where I said it was cheap today for a high end CPU and as the reply by another peep, that £200ish is cheap anytime for a high end CPU.

You had to pay £400+ for a high end AMD back when I had them (Intel were sky high) and the cost of living was more then due to wages etc so that's more than £400 today.

I would not call a 4770k expensive and its more than enough.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well as said before you only need a £200ish CPU in the thread where I said it was cheap today for a high end CPU and as the reply by another peep, that £200ish is cheap anytime for a high end CPU.

You had to pay £400+ for a high end AMD back when I had them (Intel were sky high)and the cost of living was more then due to wages etc so that's more than £400 today.

I would not call a 4770k expensive and its more than enough.

4770K £280 + £100 MOBO = £380.

I can get a new CPU for my existing Motherboard that will run Mantle Games like its a £450 4960K or better; For £130.

Permabanned
@ humbug : Yes but if one is starting out a new build you need to buy a Mobo anyhow.

I see your point if you swap. :)

My Mobos are like £300+ and today the Mobo matters like 10%, the CPU matter 90%.

You will see peeps getting same good OC on £100ish Mobos if they get a good CPU.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I think I misread as you quoted humbug lol.

Yes I would like too but only when the supporting Mobo's have newer Native Kit unlike current ones, though the new Asus Black refresh does look the dogs.

Its also a bummer the 6 core is really a 8 core with 2 disabled.

Caporegime
@ humbug : Yes but if one is starting out a new build you need to buy a Mobo anyhow.

I see your point if you swap. :)

My Mobos are like £300+ and today the Mobo matters like 10%, the CPU matter 90%.

You will see peeps getting same good OC on £100ish Mobos if they get a good CPU.

None of that helps me in my decision making.

Permabanned
Hummy my man, if you had a 4770k and a 780Ti rig, you would cum in your pants, seriously. :D

epeen.jpg

Permabanned
I think i know now that These drivers aren't anywhere near as good as Mantle.

As said already, this is 1st Beta build vs how many mantle builds? :rolleyes:

What has that to do with your itch for some real mens hardware? :p

BTW, again this is a Nvidia thread so I do not care for AMD/mantle.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried arma3 and it feels nice and smooth especially looking around. Some servers wont improve tho due to bad scripting. Sky kinda swapped textures or somit at night i noticed a few times.

Planetside 2, just booted this up today. 1fps for about a minute after i went into battle a pop up asking me some questions about a class came up half way through. After the minute tho it went to 60fps and felt nice like arma 3 did when lookin around. Tho there was a few noticable fps hickups like microstutter i think for the 5 mins running about i did in instant action where a few enemies were in. Anyone else get this kinda experience with the 1fps for awhile?

Tried sleeping dogs benchmark but crashes after the first scene. Edit - validated files and seems to have fixed it. Performance was about 45 avg, 63 max, and 26 low. On extreme 1080p Not too bad i guess i think the min and max have improved somewhat since last drivers.

Stuck gta iv lost and the damned on and had bad mouse lag with vsync on, without it it was fast and weird when in game. Anyone else had this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom