• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

In on topic this driver is working great. Why are people comparing this driver to Mantle? Mantle is an API, this is a driver. If anything I'd suggest this Nvidia driver is the equivalent of that driver AMD brought out during BF3 where their performance rocketed..Invoking LtAMD here, he'll know which driver I mean,

Associate
All hail the mighty 337 GOLDEN Driver

These Drivers are the BOMB! butter smooth, runs like gravy :cool: AND frankly the best Nv drivers I have ever used. Tested several games last night and got gains in every single one ++ every game feels so much smoother in every aspect & every area when compared to life before 337... all this with the 1st beta release is pretty amazing too - Nvidia has just picked DX up by the scruff of the neck and put it back on top of the performance charts across several titles. Not just the one title that Mantle shouts about.

I would just like to say as an Nvidia user on a Nvidia topic/thread

Well done Nvidia – The Way It's Meant to be Played

Last edited:
Permabanned

These Drivers are the BOMB! butter smooth, runs like gravy :cool: AND frankly the best Nv drivers I have ever used. Tested several games last night and got gains in every single one ++ every game feels so much smoother in every aspect & every area when compared to life before 337... all this with the 1st beta release is pretty amazing too - Nvidia has just picked DX up by the scruff of the neck and put it back on top of the performance charts across several titles. Not just the one title that Mantle shouts about.

I would just like to say as an Nvidia user on a Nvidia forum/topic

^^^^
:D

Soldato
Just shows that Nvidia doesn't even need to create their own graphics API to give us good performance increases and reduce CPU dependence :)

TBH I really don't see why they should be congratulated for fixing their drivers when AMD did this exact same thing shortly after the GeForce 600 series launched.

Soldato
TBH I really don't see why they should be congratulated for fixing their drivers when AMD did this exact same thing shortly after the GeForce 600 series launched.

If AMD's driver fix for reducing cpu dependence etc was so good why did they bother to make a whole new API called mantle??

Soldato

Different circumstances. The 12.11 driver was when amd figured out how to write perf drivers on gcn based cards, 337 is nvidia manipulating the very best out of dx11. The drivers were never broken, nvidia have just pulled out some performance/efficiency improvements.

Caporegime

I think you will find most gains are because of the CPU overhead and I bet Microsoft has had something to do with it. The DX libraries are closed and only MS has access (as I understand it) but wouldn't surprise me if they have allowed nVidia access to better optimise, so Mantle doesn't stay in the limelight (which is clearly what is happening).

Mantle relieves a CPU bottleneck and so does 337.50. The difference seems to be that 337.50 is across the DX11 range, whilst Mantle is 2 games.

Soldato
Either ms helped them (new DX dev kit?) Or nvidia have replaced certain items in DX with their own implementation. It was never going to show the kinds of results mantle shows as mantle was built from the ground up with low overhead in mind, 337 is merely a patch for an existing api in DX. Regardless its showing some very healthy gains, long may it continue.

Soldato
The NVENC encoder doesn't work with Open Broadcaster Software with these drivers. Hopefully OBS is updated soonish. Will give ShadowPlay 2.0 a go now I guess. I was getting better results with OBS + NVENC.

Soldato
OP

I would just like to say as an Nvidia user on a Nvidia topic/thread

P9W9kzp.png

Back
Top Bottom