• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Its really weird that only a handful of people have problems with these drivers, I've had no problems with the previous and this driver.

i agree... and some of the "issues" just don't make sense and i doubt the drivers are responsible

im not saying there are not some issues with drivers but i wouldn't be surprised if half the users reporting problems are really AMD users trolling

Soldato
Had 2 crashes in Guild Wars 2 last night and 1 in Borderlands 2 with the 320.49.

Borderlands 2 is the same, didn't have any crashes in Guild Wars 2 with the 320.18 drivers though.

Soldato
i agree... and some of the "issues" just don't make sense and i doubt the drivers are responsible

im not saying there are not some issues with drivers but i wouldn't be surprised if half the users reporting problems are really AMD users trolling

That statement always pops up when Nvidia users like myself get issues,I do believe most people are honest when reporting issues and trolls are in the minority.

I will say so far these drivers seem fine but still very early days(first day for me),you can be sure if I do get any issues I'll report them,ironically never had issues on my ATI/AMD cards,guess that's the way the wind blows for me luck wise lol..

:)

Associate

If the only system change is drivers and then a problem appears then the drivers are the most likely party to hold responsible. There is a lot of 'it works for me so it must be fine, you're lying' out there, which is total rubbish.

Having said that, a lot of people will change lots of things in their system, something goes wrong and they lay all the blame at one door. Its easy to do, hard to tell if that is what people have done.

I know I'm personally hoping the nVidia drivers are responsible for the crashes I was experiencing while playing SC2 the other week as if that is the case maybe I can go home, install this driver version and perhaps my troubles will vanish. If its a problem with the game it'll likely be a bit slower getting fixed if past experience with SC is anything to go by.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair it might well be down to a combination of the GTX760 and something else in my system, but that doesn't really help me as i'm not about to go changing motherboard to find out!

Could it even be faulty hardware? It's hard to say but everything is hunky dory until I install the driver, then Windows becomes very unstable.

Caporegime
It doesn't matter if a set of drivers are great or working fine for certain members, if Nvidia have said they are still having issues with them and know about certain bugs, then they are broken in certain aspects.

Most of the issues that are left are Freezing problems, with a vast majority being 560ti owners, but not all

Associate
320.18 has fried my GTX670 :( Either that or extreme coincidence!!!! Playing Tomb Raider for a few hours after the drivers were updated, windows crashed, rebooted with artefacts on BIOS screen and post loading screen. Won't enter Windows 8 with continuous reboots... GRRR!

Now working with an old ATI CARD.

This one is going to have to be RMA'd - beware!

Soldato
OP
320.18 has fried my GTX670 :( Either that or extreme coincidence!!!! Playing Tomb Raider for a few hours after the drivers were updated, windows crashed, rebooted with artefacts on BIOS screen and post loading screen. Won't enter Windows 8 with continuous reboots... GRRR!

Now working with an old ATI CARD.

This one is going to have to be RMA'd - beware!

Hopefully you get the RMA sorted without any issues. There is def problems with Nvidia drivers atm. Those posting above thinking it's AMD users are a bit delusional. Their are some serious issues atm, Nvidia have already announced they are aware of issues and trying to fix them. The announcement is further back in the thread. Unfortunately your not the only one to get a dead card. Hopefully this all gets sorted soon, I'm using 326.01 with GTX 480 SOC on Windows 8.1 X64 preview. All fine so far...

Soldato
I had a BSOD earlier, one I have never seen before, and this occurred after installing the 320.49.

It was PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I'd like anyone's input on this BSOD. From what I found on Google it's related to a driver sending bad memory or something. What dodgy drivers have people on this thread been using lately? ;) but on the off chance it wasn't the nvidia driver or any other driver, again I ask for any input on this BSOD.

Associate
I finished building my computer today with an EVGA GTX-780 SuperClocked graphics card, booted it up and everything was fine - I installed the 320.11 drivers from the support disc. Then I downloaded Crysis 1 from Steam (had it on previous computer, so just installed it), when I started the game there were loads of random blobs of colours flying all over the screen during the first cut scene in game, then the problem continued and got worse when playing (I played for about 30 seconds before stopping).

So I downloaded the 320.49 drivers, got back into game and the problem was still there - after a few seconds, the game crashed to desktop and "stopped responding". I haven't installed any other games yet so I don't know if the problem is with all games.

Help me, I'm new to the whole pc gaming thing really and I have no idea what is going on! Games run fine on my Asus laptop which has a GT650M (don't know what drivers though).

:(

I hope my GPU isn't screwed. :(

Associate
I finished building my computer today with an EVGA GTX-780 SuperClocked graphics card, booted it up and everything was fine - I installed the 320.11 drivers from the support disc. Then I downloaded Crysis 1 from Steam (had it on previous computer, so just installed it), when I started the game there were loads of random blobs of colours flying all over the screen during the first cut scene in game, then the problem continued and got worse when playing (I played for about 30 seconds before stopping).

So I downloaded the 320.49 drivers, got back into game and the problem was still there - after a few seconds, the game crashed to desktop and "stopped responding". I haven't installed any other games yet so I don't know if the problem is with all games.

Help me, I'm new to the whole pc gaming thing really and I have no idea what is going on! Games run fine on my Asus laptop which has a GT650M (don't know what drivers though).

I sent my 780 to RMA and they said that it was working fine, so I dont know what to do aswell... better to wait for new drivers

Associate
Whole thing has gone screwy now - even on the desktop I'm getting strange coloured pixels all over the place and when I open a window then minimise it the bar stays there and spreads across the screen.

I'll have to plug my laptop into my monitor to check if it's the monitor playing up - but I doubt it.

I don't understand, new build was working fine yesterday until I started playing Crysis 1 - and now the whole damn thing has screwed up. :(

Looks like I might have to RMA this £600 card, I'm not pleased in the slightest.

Associate
Whole thing has gone screwy now - even on the desktop I'm getting strange coloured pixels all over the place and when I open a window then minimise it the bar stays there and spreads across the screen.

I'll have to plug my laptop into my monitor to check if it's the monitor playing up - but I doubt it.

I don't understand, new build was working fine yesterday until I started playing Crysis 1 - and now the whole damn thing has screwed up. :(

Looks like I might have to RMA this £600 card, I'm not pleased in the slightest.

Join the club :/ I've spent £560 on a new card and can't use it, only without drivers... ****** Nvidia :mad:

Soldato

Have you seen this?

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1944772

Back
Top Bottom