• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Is the NVCP broken for anyone else? My global 3D settings and program 3D settings are not behaving as they should specifically with Vsync/Gsync

E.g. Rocket league is capping fps at my refresh rate with the below settings:
Global settings - Gsync on, Vsync on.
Program settings - Fixed refresh rate (Gsync off), Vsync off
In game settings - Vsync off

Last edited:
Permabanned
2020-04-03.png

V F

V F

Soldato
These 445.78 drivers are awful. I've not had desktop crashes since the 3xx.85 drivers with Firefox. Now it happens in games as well and sometimes you see the desktop flicker in half in the blink of an eye sometimes in the space of once every hour or two.

Reading the GeForce forums, I'm not alone and some other forums.

It ain't my hardware like the way some on the GeForce forums like to blame. As I've been on quite a number of 4xx drivers for a while with no issues.

Roughly every hour or so the display will freeze for roughly 5 seconds causing some games to crash and some to just freeze and resume where they were. Was able to see the error in event viewer. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. So display driver is the cause after all. :/

Defective or improperly configured hardware is usually the cause of that.

It seems all the drivers after 442.74 have come with plenty of issues. That is why I haven't updated my drivers for a while. I keep coming back to this forums and all I see is the number of bugs officially reported keeps getting bigger and bigger and the number of fixes fewer and fewer. I am still on 441.87 as it seems to be the driver with the least bugs. Please, double check and try to fix the issues, NVIDIA.

So when is the Next Driver or Hotfix coming out? Because the last 2 drivers were absolute garbage. Games Crashing left and right. Reverted back to an older driver, and everything is stable again.

All games are now crashing with the hot fix. I can't even run older ones like DMC before i crash back to desktop. Nvidia please fix this, stuck on quarantine with not being able to play anything is torture

I also see that Sora person responding to any crash blaming the user. Good god, that guy is a pain.

Soldato
These 445.78 drivers are awful. I've not had desktop crashes since the 3xx.85 drivers with Firefox. Now it happens in games as well and sometimes you see the desktop flicker in half in the blink of an eye sometimes in the space of once every hour or two.

Reading the GeForce forums, I'm not alone and some other forums.

It ain't my hardware like the way some on the GeForce forums like to blame. As I've been on quite a number of 4xx drivers for a while with no issues.

I also see that Sora person responding to any crash blaming the user. Good god, that guy is a pain.
Definitely user error :p

Which version/build of Windows are you on? Played about 20hr over the weekend on various games (dragon age inquisition, cod mw, Doom eternal) so a range of APIs and not had a crash, this is running 2004 with the 78s drivers.

Back
Top Bottom