• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Manuel Guzman, 1 of the main software QA at Nvidia had this to say when asked about the DPC latency fix so here's hoping :)

gQxjaWb.jpg

Last edited:

cho

cho

Permabanned
Manuel Guzman said they finalized the fix ready for QA yesterday so I wouldn't expect a driver from beta branch a week ago to include it.
Well many would expect to see improvements as Guzman is talking about final changes and also was stated before 'some users are reporting much lower dpc latencies with 545.31 driver'

Soldato

GPU Monitoring Apps and Updating Nvidia Drivers​

From Guzman's Twitter thread, where the DPC latency news emanated, there comes a solid recommendation to exit all your GPU monitoring apps before updating Nvidia drivers. The crux of this potential issue is that if you forget or neglect to follow this advice, "the GPU monitor utility may inadvertently set a lower power target resulting in lower performance."

Last edited:
Associate

From Guzman's Twitter thread, where the DPC latency news emanated, there comes a solid recommendation to exit all your GPU monitoring apps before updating Nvidia drivers. The crux of this potential issue is that if you forget or neglect to follow this advice, "the GPU monitor utility may inadvertently set a lower power target resulting in lower performance."
never had this in 10 years+ of updating drivers while using afterburner

Caporegime

This is just someone *NOT YOU* that thinks that this is what is causing the DPC latency issues, and will lead Nvidia up the wrong path. I have NEVER installed Nvidia Drivers with any Monitoring software running and I still get DPC latency spikes on both systems if I don't run High Performance mode :)

EDIT : That's also to do with Lower GPU performance and not DPC Latency issues via your link :)

Last edited:
Soldato

GeForce Game Ready Driver

Version:536.40 WHQL
Release Date:2023.6.29
Operating System:Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language:English (UK)
File Size:653.39 MB

Release Highlights
Supported Products
Additional Information
Game Ready for the GeForce RTX 4060

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Gaming Technology

Introduces support for the GeForce RTX 4060

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [Street Fighter 6] Corruption during the fight start cutscene when MFAA is applied [4147907]
Fixed General Bugs

• [Optix Denoiser] Addresses vignette effect that could appear on image border pixels
  • Not able to detect external HDMI display from NVCPL after driver re-installed [4085941]

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its a page back from DH? Same one no?:

Soldato
Its a page back from DH? Same one no?:

The first one is a Studio driver, this is a Game Ready driver, not sure what the difference is, though some here believe the Studio one is better.

Soldato
So running LatencyMon on the 528.24 drivers that i have stuck with for ages, i was seeing these bars go into the red on highest measured ISR and DPC and that was just with playing some Twitch streams.

Just installed the latest 536.40 (Clean Driver), had LatencyMon running for 2 hours, watched Twitch videos again and then streamed a game on Twitch for an hour (using NVENC & best settings for quality @8000kbps)

Stream was very smooth while watching it back on my PC.

Here is the result with the 536.40 drivers.. is this still high or does this mean it is stable now?

W0BvxGr.png

( Cant insert image for some reason :confused:)

Edit.. been so long i forgot how its done :D:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom