• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
h3NEczo.png

It's got kinda annoying at this point, I think the Studio drivers have better control over DPC as with game ready, I do notice pops in some audio playback more often than with Studio. I'm on Game Ready as the Studio driver hasn't updated to the latest version yet.

Annoying!

I Think NVIDIA has removed the DPC issue for the release notes now

Soldato
Game Ready & Studio Driver 537.42 has been released.
Article Here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...lss-3-5-ray-reconstruction-game-ready-driver/

Game Ready Driver Download Link: Link Here

Studio Driver Download Link: Link Here

New feature and fixes in driver 537.42:

Game Ready
- This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3.5 technology and DLSS Ray Reconstruction including Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the launch of Warhaven and Witchfire which support DLSS 3, as well as the arrival of Party Animals which supports DLSS Super Resolution and NVIDIA Reflex technology.

Applications - The September NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest new creative applications and updates. This includes DaVinci Resolve version 18.6 which features NVIDIA TensorRT acceleration as well as the latest Chaos Vantage update which introduces support for DLSS Ray Reconstruction.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• N/A
Fixed General Bugs

• [Octane Render]: intersection shaders cause slowdown in performance [4164876]
  • [Octane Render]: inconsistent behavior and broken motion keys using TLAS with numKeys=2 [4088077]
Open Issues

• [Halo Infinite] Significant performance drop is observed on Maxwell-based GPUs. [4052711]
  • [DaVinci Resolve] This driver implements a fix for creative application stability issues seen during heavy memory usage. We’ve observed some situations where this fix has resulted in performance degradation when running DaVinci Resolve. This will be addressed in an upcoming driver release. [4172676]
Additional Open Issues from GeForce Forums

Notes: This is not new. Manuel from Nvidia has been tracking any additional driver issues in their forum post separate from release notes. Last post was the first time I am including them here and will do so moving forward.

• Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
  • Some monitors may display random black screen flicker when in Display Stream Compression mode when using R530 drivers [4034096]
  • [GeForce RTX 4060] GPU monitoring utilities reporting incorrect idle power usage [4186490]
  • Event Viewer logs nvlddmkm error at the end of the OCCT video ram test when memory is full [4049182]
  • [GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series] PC may randomly freeze/bugcheck when Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
  • Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923]
  • A new NVIDIA icon is created in the system tray each time a a user switch takes place in Windows [4251314]
  • [Alienware X17 R2 w/ GeForce RTX 3080 Ti] Display goes blank when DirectX game is launched while notebook is in dedicated GPU mode [4146369]
  • [RTX 4060 Ti] Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]

Caporegime
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]

In Google Chrome, especially when playing Youtube.

Interesting that i just read that, i have been seeing this problem every now and then for a couple of weeks, i really noticed it this morning and thought my GPU was failing, i've spent half the morning trying to diagnose the problem, including installing Firefox, problem isn't present in FF, tho it is also Chromium based.

Thanks for that Nvidia, thanks for this bug from 2006 that made me think my GPU was on deaths door, good show with your always perfect drivers...

Associate
In Google Chrome, especially when playing Youtube.

Interesting that i just read that, i have been seeing this problem every now and then for a couple of weeks, i really noticed it this morning and thought my GPU was failing, i've spent half the morning trying to diagnose the problem, including installing Firefox, problem isn't present in FF, tho it is also Chromium based.

Thanks for that Nvidia, thanks for this bug from 2006 that made me think my GPU was on deaths door, good show with your always perfect drivers...

Thought my 4090 was dying when I saw that in Chrome, as a temporary or permanent fix I just changed Chromes renderer to OpenGL. Fixed the flashing squares and Chrome even seems to run a bit more responsively.

Just open chrome://flags/

Search for "ANGLE graphics backend" and change it to OpenGL or try the others.

Been using OpenGL for about two weeks with a lot of YT usage and its been great.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thought my 4090 was dying when I saw that in Chrome, as a temporary or permanent fix I just changed Chromes renderer to OpenGL. Fixed the flashing squares and Chrome even seems to run a bit more responsively.

Just open chrome://flags/

Search for "ANGLE graphics backend" and change it to OpenGL or try the others.

Been using OpenGL for about two weeks with a lot of YT usage and its been great.

Brilliant, thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom