The OCUK Liverpool Meet 18th February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit if there is a non competative 'we play for fun not status' table I'd rather be on that, I found the level of competition at the bowling slightly uncomfortable, I know people like to win but I find that too much crowing can make others feel bad about themselves. I like bowling because I can work to beat my last score rather then rub in the fact I am winning (in fact thats essential for me because I suck at games) :)

MB

Matblack said:
I must admit if there is a non competative 'we play for fun not status' table I'd rather be on that, I found the level of competition at the bowling slightly uncomfortable, I know people like to win but I find that too much crowing can make others feel bad about themselves. I like bowling because I can work to beat my last score rather then rub in the fact I am winning (in fact thats essential for me because I suck at games) :)

MB
Given that we'll have about 8 tables (maybe more depending on numbers), there'll be plenty of room for competitive and non-competitive tables :)

I'm up for the pool too, I'm *ahem cough splutter* crap though honest (student for 5 years and we never played snooker every day nooooo!).

I'm a bit worried about the club thing though? Aren't we limiting ourselves a bit too much by having to have somewhere we can wear trainers? The nice thing about Leeds was we had a corner (and a stage) virtually to ourselves, we were nattering all night but if circumstances allowed, we could venture out for some *cough* company. :)

What's so limiting about wearing trainers? Just because they're allowed, it doesn't mean you have to wear them.

As for Leeds, what you're describing is no different from Bar Med. We'll have an area to ourselves, where we can talk, and Bar Med has a dance area (albeit a small one), so you can go look for all the company you want.

I really don't see what the problem is.

Davey_Pitch said:
What's so limiting about wearing trainers? Just because they're allowed, it doesn't mean you have to wear them.
He meant limiting as in venue, not limiting as in what we can do in there.

You gotta give him time to catch up. Wrong side of the hills n'all ;)

You Can wear trainers anywhere in liverpool now so thats not a problem.

Lynneleigh are you sure we are talking about the same place? Fighting in garlands? I must have been a hundred times and I can only remember 1 fight and that was just a scuffle really!

Gilly said:
He meant limiting as in venue, not limiting as in what we can do in there.

You gotta give him time to catch up. Wrong side of the hills n'all ;)
But as the venue has been decided and agreed on by most everyone, then I don't see any problem personally. It's not like we're going round multiple places in the night.

BIGWEB said:
You Can wear trainers anywhere in liverpool now so thats not a problem.

Lynneleigh are you sure we are talking about the same place? Fighting in garlands? I must have been a hundred times and I can only remember 1 fight and that was just a scuffle really!

Just off Dale street yep used to work round corner every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. When your round the corner every weekend for 2 years you see a lot of trouble spilling out of Garlands doors.

Davey_Pitch said:
But as the venue has been decided and agreed on by most everyone, then I don't see any problem personally. It's not like we're going round multiple places in the night.
True. but he's a manc. Gotta explain things slowly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom