Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
iPadOS 18 bricking some iPad Pro M4's apparently, worked fine on mine:

Mine updated to 18 without me knowing as I checked to stop it updating. Luckily mine was fine but quite a few people have been posting on Reddit about it.

Any of you who have had the M4 iPad for a while now - have you experienced any overheating issues?

If you haven't seen me complaining on here before, the M2 iPad cannot run Adobe Lightroom in any meaningful way without overheating and the screen dimming. It's partly poor software optimization from Adobe but the cooling setup in the M2 iPad is pathetic. In fact you can't even fast charge it without the screen dimming.

Are these issues sorted with the new one?

Any of you who have had the M4 iPad for a while now - have you experienced any overheating issues?

If you haven't seen me complaining on here before, the M2 iPad cannot run Adobe Lightroom in any meaningful way without overheating and the screen dimming. It's partly poor software optimization from Adobe but the cooling setup in the M2 iPad is pathetic. In fact you can't even fast charge it without the screen dimming.

Are these issues sorted with the new one?
There have been some reports of on Reddit of M4 overheating using procreate or lightroom. I cannot confirm this as I do not use either.

Although a few users have said that Adobe have fixed this with with a recent update.

Last edited:
iPadOS 18 bricking some iPad Pro M4's apparently, worked fine on mine:

Mine was fine through the betas and ok on the release version. Wonder what’s caused this?

It’s been solid in release version as well, no niggles like in some of the early betas.

Got one of these last week week from the wife, the 13" model.
Replacing my 2018 12" Pro, and it's a little underwhelming for my use case (basic procreate drawing, and web/media consumption).

I already thought the old 2018 model seemed like it would be fragile, if not in a case. This one feels like a small breeze would fold it. I thought Apple had stopped with the relentless pursuit of thin over function? :'(
Thought about picking up the keyboard and trying to use it as my main work machine, but every video shows it being extremely top heavy. :/

Back
Top Bottom