Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
Soldato
I've been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra 14.6 , it's an AMOLED screen but i so love an I pad .

Anyone compare both ? Happy to change back to a ew ipad pro if it's better ?

Caporegime
I've been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra 14.6 , it's an AMOLED screen but i so love an I pad .

The iPad has a much faster CPU/GPU, screen difference is going to be pretty marginal but the iPad is brighter.

Software is the biggest difference and integration with other devices.

The inability to have Whatsapp on the iPad is a killer for me for a work device plus the multitasking/Dex/mouse functionality of the Samsung is better.

Last edited:
Soldato
The iPad has a much faster CPU/GPU, screen difference is going to be pretty marginal but the iPad is brighter.

The inability to have Whatsapp on the iPad is a killer for me for a work device plus the multitasking/Dex/mouse functionality of the Samsung is better.
Yea it's pretty good I can manage chat groups on WhatsApp for work and Dex is invaluable as well .

Just gets my goatthat I love my Samsung S9 Ultra but hate any Andoid phone , at least I have I cloud access .

Soldato
Well here’s something I didn’t think I’d be writing - I’m sending my Pro 12.9 back. Although I’ve only had it a few days I’ve been extremely underwhelmed probably due to my use case which is nothing heavy. I upgraded from a gen 3 Pro and find the differences minimal. Even the battery life isn’t that much different which really surprised me. Plus iPadOS 18 offers nothing over AI - another disappointment!

I own the 12.9 pro M1 ipad with the mini LED (think it the 5th gen) and the battery life has always been terrible :(

I normally grab my 11" pro due to the rubbish battery life of my 12.9

Last edited:
Soldato
I own the 12.9 pro M1 ipad with the mini LED (think it the 5th gen) and the battery life has always been terrible :(

I normally grab my 11" pro due to the rubbish battery life of my 12.9
I think I own the 12.9 the generation before the M1 - think it was the first once to have USB-C. Battery lasts a day if I’m lucky but I do use it a lot. The M4 version didn’t seem much better so it was one less reason to hold on to it

Soldato

You can have WhatsApp running if you go into the WhatsApp web on safari and then add to Home Screen and it saves as a Whatsapp app-like experience.

Try it out - i think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Associate

I have the Samsung S9 Ultra tablet (1 TB + LTE) and the 13" iPad Pro (1 TB + LTE).

The iPad's screen is definitely better, and having the camera at the top of the screen now is an improvement.

The problem is that the iPad is much more expensive than the S9; I only paid ~£500 with a trade-in for the Samsung, which came with a pen, although the Samsung physical keyboard is expensive and rubbish, IMO.

The iPad is now on my desk, and the Samsung is sitting in a drawer, so I suppose that tells you which one I prefer :D

Back
Top Bottom