• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

I tried mounting the 280mm in the top of my case. The radiator got stuck and scratched it a bit when i managed to get it out.
Returned and ended up with a 50% return cost so that was a lovely £50 lesson!

Maybe experiment finding your good cores, set them to lower (e.g. -5 on curve) and maybe try chsnging the PBO limits. Doing so reduces temps so boost has more to play with

Think i'll give this a go later, can't help but think my motherboard is holding me back though, we have pretty similar systems and i can't seem to get my teamgroup to hit 3800 cl14 without errors so thinking i may have problems ocing the cpu as well also.

Any suggestions on how i'd go about finding which are my good cores?

Think i'll give this a go later, can't help but think my motherboard is holding me back though, we have pretty similar systems and i can't seem to get my teamgroup to hit 3800 cl14 without errors so thinking i may have problems ocing the cpu as well also.

Any suggestions on how i'd go about finding which are my good cores?
What motherboard do you have? - make sure BIOS is updated whatever it is.
3800 CL14 with my teamgroup requires 1.5v and other settings too - slightly increased SoC and ither voltages, aggressive SoC LLC and high switching frequency. A lot more info on ghat in ghe teamgroup 8pack thread

To find the best cores, install ryzen master and it’ll highlight the best cores

What motherboard do you have? - make sure BIOS is updated whatever it is.
3800 CL14 with my teamgroup requires 1.5v and other settings too - slightly increased SoC and ither voltages, aggressive SoC LLC and high switching frequency. A lot more info on ghat in ghe teamgroup 8pack thread

To find the best cores, install ryzen master and it’ll highlight the best cores
Ah nice one thank you, i have mine at 1.47v with 3733 so might just stick to that as a happy medium.
Using an x570 msi gaming mpg at the moment with updated bios, pretty low end x570 board but hopefully will be going to a gigabyte aorus master.

Got abit of my problem with my ryzen master, it isn't showing my clock speed or cores...

Ah nice one thank you, i have mine at 1.47v with 3733 so might just stick to that as a happy medium.
Using an x570 msi gaming mpg at the moment with updated bios, pretty low end x570 board but hopefully will be going to a gigabyte aorus master.

Got abit of my problem with my ryzen master, it isn't showing my clock speed or cores...
Weird, im sure mine shows clock speed & cores - post screenshot and ill see if it looks normal. I dont have it installed because frankly it was cack, but a good help to see good cores

These are my SoC, VDDP, IOD and CCD voltages along with timings for RAM

Values are the same, but im on the A86 BIOS now SMU 56.44.00

AVMgToM.png

Weird, im sure mine shows clock speed & cores - post screenshot and ill see if it looks normal. I dont have it installed because frankly it was cack, but a good help to see good cores

These are my SoC, VDDP, IOD and CCD voltages along with timings for RAM

Values are the same, but im on the A86 BIOS now SMU 56.44.00

I've not changed any of the other voltages yet or changed ohms on things

anywho heres the screenshot

5rYfFTr.png

Click the dropdown on 'Cores Section' which will expand out and show 'CCD 0'
Click CCD 0 to show the cores

I wouldnt use it for actual overlcocking but good to see the good cores, mine are best 6 and second best 0 (in BIOS terms its 0 - 7, not 1 - 8)

b1nW6Mt.png

VjGLHwH.png

Is everyone happy with there 5600x. I've got one waiting to go in a new build when I can get hold of a 3060ti. B550 tomahawk and I've got an artic freezer 34 duo for it . I've always used AiOs so not sure how it will be. I was torn between a 5600x and the 3700x with the prism cooler so I hope I made the right choice.

Is everyone happy with there 5600x. I've got one waiting to go in a new build when I can get hold of a 3060ti. B550 tomahawk and I've got an artic freezer 34 duo for it . I've always used AiOs so not sure how it will be. I was torn between a 5600x and the 3700x with the prism cooler so I hope I made the right choice.
Excellent CPU, I think it's the best option for anyone not spending hours rendering/encoding/compiling etc.

My 5900x system keeps randomly rebooting even at stock settings, even enabling PBO is causing random WHEA blue screens occasionally.

Any ideas? I’m using a 5900x + X570 MSI Unify.

Basically got that exact setup except a noctua cooler and it’s been a fantastic upgrade from my 3770k. Really happy with it.

Ahh hovering over the 5800x at £380, currently have i7 6700k and itching to upgrade after looking at Rocket Lake seems waste of time I game at 1440p and just general use will it be good for 2-4 years ? I do also plan to upgrade GPU

Back
Top Bottom