• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 6320/6420 Overclocking Thread***

Permabanned
You can Blame Big Wayne.

All the posts were very constructive. They all bar one had information regarding my overclocked E6420. However Big Wayne seems to think that I would want to boost my Post count.

:confused: Why would I want a large post count.

I posted that I got xxx speed. Then later when I got higher I posted **** speed. Then later again I posted %%%% speed.

All the speed increases were massive and highly relevant. Indeed I think they were the highest on the forum.

:rolleyes:

I will give the benifit of the doubt.

Not at home atm, so cant post pics. However I have reached 3.7Ghz @ 1.26v. (joke, that what CPUZ says. In reality its 1.5v). Not sure that its a safe voltage with temps resting in the low 30ocs.

cheers :p

I am certain that 4ghz is possible. I think its the motherboard cooling that is holding me back. It boots at 3.9ghz on same voltage but crashes after 5 mins. havent tried 4.0ghz yet.

Quite snazzy though. My Super Pi times have shot down

Associate
I'm glad your back with us snazzy but what have you done with all your posts, they look stupid, you should have just left them.
Back to overclocking, what volts are using for 3.6ghz and are you using +100mv, if you have that option on your board, cheers.

snazzy_dazzy said:
You can Blame Big Wayne.

All the posts were very constructive. They all bar one had information regarding my overclocked E6420. However Big Wayne seems to think that I would want to boost my Post count.

:confused: Why would I want a large post count.

I posted that I got xxx speed. Then later when I got higher I posted **** speed. Then later again I posted %%%% speed.

All the speed increases were massive and highly relevant. Indeed I think they were the highest on the forum.

:rolleyes:

I will give the benifit of the doubt.

Not at home atm, so cant post pics. However I have reached 3.7Ghz @ 1.26v. (joke, that what CPUZ says. In reality its 1.5v). Not sure that its a safe voltage with temps resting in the low 30ocs.

cheers :p

I am certain that 4ghz is possible. I think its the motherboard cooling that is holding me back. It boots at 3.9ghz on same voltage but crashes after 5 mins. havent tried 4.0ghz yet.

Quite snazzy though. My Super Pi times have shot down

Associate
Everyone just needs to woosaa :)

Ran orthos stressing my RAM and no errors for 8 hours. Ram running at 4-4-4-12 2T 900Mhz stable :D

(sorry it is a bit of topic)

More cpu overclocking will commence tonight hopefully :)

Associate
well i wont be able to beat you atm as im running on stock cooling but my zalman aero flower should be here in 3 days then i can really get clocking :)

Note: Anyone who wants to join me and snazzy in our little overclock race does so at there own risk and i do not accept responsibilty of damaged or destroyed cpu's :)

Caporegime
OP
Tip:

Instead of posting "Ran orthos stressing my RAM and no errors for 8 hours. Ram running at 4-4-4-12 2T 900Mhz stable "

Just post a screenie.

Im not interested in suicide clocks that boot at 3.9ghz either,

These are total waste of time.

I'm interested in CPU clocks with stabilty.

Thanks for trashing my thread snazzy_dazzy. :rolleyes:

Associate
I admit that i got a bit carried away with RAM and kind of whent off topic and im very sorry for that. Anymore posts from now on in this thread will be E6320 overclocking related :)

Associate
easyrider said:
Tip:

Instead of posting "Ran orthos stressing my RAM and no errors for 8 hours. Ram running at 4-4-4-12 2T 900Mhz stable "

Just post a screenie.

Im not interested in suicide clocks that boot at 3.9ghz either,

These are total waste of time.

I'm interested in CPU clocks with stabilty.

Thanks for trashing my thread snazzy_dazzy. :rolleyes:

Not everyone knows how to post a screenie (at least not conveniently). I'd certainly rather know what he has achieved (with appropriate honest qualifications) than he doesn't post at all.

As for the suicide/unstable clocks, they have their place. If he didn't tell us it fell over at 3.9ghz, then we'd just ask him to give it a try after he finds that 3.7 is stable. It also gives hope to people who are prepared to pay that bit extra and get some high-end water and/or a do a volt mod on their motherboard.

Caporegime
OP
man_from_uncle said:
Not everyone knows how to post a screenie (at least not conveniently). I'd certainly rather know what he has achieved (with appropriate honest qualifications) than he doesn't post at all..

You just hit Printscreen key on your keyboard and paste it into paint.Save the file and link to it.

As for the suicide/unstable clocks, they have their place. If he didn't tell us it fell over at 3.9ghz, then we'd just ask him to give it a try after he finds that 3.7 is stable. It also gives hope to people who are prepared to pay that bit extra and get some high-end water and/or a do a volt mod on their motherboard.

They have there place with proof,Nothing more.

Its not advisable and rather silly to make a decision on watercooling and upgrading cooling based on someone saying they can get 3.9ghz clocks without proof.

Associate
I can do print screens and have posted them (see this thread) they are quite big but im far too lazy crop so i end up posting cpu-z + my whole desktop lol.

Associate
easyrider said:
Its not advisable and rather silly to make a decision on watercooling and upgrading cooling based on someone saying they can get 3.9ghz clocks without proof.

But isn't it better to know that, than to know nothing? When someone tells you a small bit of potentially useful information, do you resent the fact they told you because they didn't back it up with the paperwork?

As for the print screen thing, if you're right you may have just ushered in a new age for me of forum posting.

That didn't work. When you say 'save and link to it' can you possibley expand?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
man_from_uncle said:
But isn't it better to know that, than to know nothing? When someone tells you a small bit of potentially useful information, do you resent the fact they told you because they didn't back it up with the paperwork?

As for the print screen thing, if you're right you may have just ushered in a new age for me of forum posting.

That didn't work. When you say 'save and link to it' can you possibley expand?

Not really,

In my experience people have said their cpu's would boot at a given voltage and the reasons there was no screenies was because they were telling porkies.

Its easy to spout a overclock but providing proof is an entirely different matter.

From imageshack or something.Browse and upload file.

Caporegime
OP
snazzy_dazzy said:
Hello back again.

While you were probably in bed ;) i posted lots of pictures.

i will put a few on in a min

I would make them of a quality nature cause 100 odd post's since the 26th of april good possibly be deamed as spamming.

Associate
easyrider said:
I would make them of a quality nature cause 100 odd post's since the 26th of april good possibly be deamed as spamming.

Constructive, encouraging, friendly, (EASYgoing).....just throwin' the words out there.

Anyway, snazz, having been here less than a week, I admire your enthusiasm and I hope you continue to keep us well updated (with screen shots too, time providing). Some of us are extremely interested to hear the blow by blow account of your whole experience in regards overclocking this CPU. Those small nuisances give me a better understanding than any number of screen shots could and your exuberance reminds me of why I got into overclocking in the first place; the satisfaction, the experience, the fun and enjoyment of sharing with others.

Caporegime
OP
man_from_uncle said:
Constructive, encouraging, friendly, (EASYgoing).....just throwin' the words out there.

Anyway, snazz, having been here less than a week, I admire your enthusiasm and I hope you continue to keep us well updated (with screen shots too, time providing). Some of us are extremely interested to hear the blow by blow account of your whole experience in regards overclocking this CPU. Those small nuisances give me a better understanding than any number of screen shots could and your exuberance reminds me of why I got into overclocking in the first place; the satisfaction, the experience, the fun and enjoyment of sharing with others.

Thats all fine and dandy,But it really is no biggy to post a screenie.

It takes all of 30 seconds.

And there is just no excuse not to post them.

Associate
easyrider said:
Thats all fine and dandy,But it really is no biggy to post a screenie.

It takes all of 30 seconds.

And there is just no excuse not to post them.

Well I've tried maybe 10 in the last 15 mins or so. With no luck. Perhaps I am doing it wrong. Perhaps I am underqualified. Perhaps one of the many arcane feature of service pack 2 is doing it's best to screw me. Whatever the case, it wasn't worth wasting my time doing. So when I explain from beginning to end my overclocking experiance in the future, you are just going to have dig through my canny remarks and deduce for yourself fact from fiction.

Also as a complete aside, does anyone here, who knows how to upload pictures easily, not know how to use photoshop?

******. While I've been writing, the the last of my many efforts has proved fruitful. I now have no less than 9 links to choose from to display a picture. So, as to avoid the accusation of spamming, would anyone like to tell me which one I use to display a picture in this forum? I am using image shack.

Associate
Gonzo0 said:
Press print scrn on your keyboard then open paint and press ctrl+v and the imaged is pasted into paint then save that and upload to www.imageshack.us

Which, despite taking 15 mins of 'could not find server', I have eventually done.

But now I have 9 separate image addresses ranging from 'Thumbnail to Website' to 'Direct link to image'.

EDIT: Despite my frustration, I do appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom