*** The Official AirPods {all gens} (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) thread ***

So they are ordered and come with 6 months Apple Music. I already activated a similar Apple Music offer 6 months ago when I bought AirPods 3. That period ends next week. Does anyone know if I cancel the music trial before it rebills, will I get another 6 months free when I connect the AirPods Pro 2?

It wouldn’t let me use it on the same apple ID

I've been using AirPods Gen 3 for about six months now and I love them to pieces. They don't fall out when running as I was expecting them to.

But I am getting really annoyed on my walks when I can hear traffic sounds drowning out my music (and the fantastic Time to Walk episodes on Apple Fitness+) and I'm very tempted to snag some AirPods Pro 2. I have never experienced noise cancellation on audio devices before, so I don't quite know what to expect there.

But I have seen on the macrumours.com site that Apple have got a new version in the works (seen in the code for iOS 16.4). Is it worth waiting to see what is revealed or will it just be a minor thing like the case change from Lightning to USB-C. I am not particularly bothered about that as I will probably use my Apple Watch charger to charge them up instead.
You’ll be surprised how well the pro gen 2’s cancel noise, I walk using mine daily and they really do make a huge difference to traffic and other noises.

Just to follow up on the six months Apple music thing from above, I did cancel my trial and there was no offer for another six months with the new Airpods Pro as expected. But I did have three months as an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate perk which I wasn't expecting to work either as that is sort of a free trial, too. However, it did accept the code and gave me two months free. So still not paying any monies for Apple Music from October last year until June 8th at least. :p

Last edited:
Thank you both. You are right. They do come with the latest firmware. The sound quality is so much better than the original Pros. I'm pretty impressed so far.
I have both, gen1's I use at work and are almost brown (I do steelwork in a filthy workshop) the Gen2's I keep in the car and use exclusively at the gym to drown out their god awful choice of "music" the Gen2's are an amazing improvement over the Gen1's which I thought were pretty stunning to start with. :eek:

Do you use transparency or ANC when out walking? I can imagine the ANC making it hard to cross the road without being really careful.

I haven't used them yet but I was going to go full-on noise cancellation whilst walking. (AirPods Gen 3 don't have noise cancelling features.) It's not a busy place where I live and I am used to looking multiple times when crossing the road anyway when I'm out running. For running I would not use ANC.

Last edited:
Do you use transparency or ANC when out walking? I can imagine the ANC making it hard to cross the road without being really careful.
I’ve been using ANC when out on long walks for years, this is in the city so I cross many roads, you get use to keeping an eye out for cars and other traffic.

Which is good since with the pro gen 2 I literally can’t hear anything other than my music even when walking down a busy road.

Back
Top Bottom