*** The Official AirPods {all gens} (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) thread ***

pbNGK68.jpg

How is this supposed to work? They’re definitely in the house but it’s only picked up on a weak signal once. The play sound doesn’t appear to work either.

How is this supposed to work? They’re definitely in the house but it’s only picked up on a weak signal once. The play sound doesn’t appear to work either.

Out of range of any WiFi then? I'm experiencing the same thing with an AirTag at the moment. My item was last seen 25 minutes ago but I thought they were supposed to connect to any available Bluetooth source and piggyback on that device's internet connection (if it has one).

EDIT: And just as I type that, it shows up, 9km away! Marvellous.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting the AirPods Pro 2, as my original AirPods Pro has had to be repaired twice in less than a year. Not sure if it is worth getting Apple Care+ for them, though, for an extra £29 for two years of coverage.

Had to get my Gen1 repaired (free) as the left one went all scratchy like it had interference.
Bought Gen2 to keep in car for when I go to the gym as the music in the gym is usually ass.
I keep the the filthy Gen1's in the workshop at work to keep the noise down and listen to podcasts.
Hard to compare the two!

If not cost was mentioned then you might be in luck
I just thought I'd update this thread. I got my AirPod Pros 1st gen back from repair, and Apple did not charge me for it, so I'm happy.

I'm still thinking about the Pro 2s as I use my AirPods all the time, and not having them is a genuine inconvenience. At least that way, I'll have a backup device if one breaks.

I just thought I'd update this thread. I got my AirPod Pros 1st gen back from repair, and Apple did not charge me for it, so I'm happy.

I'm still thinking about the Pro 2s as I use my AirPods all the time, and not having them is a genuine inconvenience. At least that way, I'll have a backup device if one breaks.
Maybe opt for JohnLewis as they give 2 years warranty

I keep trying to resist pulling the trigger and buying Pro 2s, mainly because I'm fed up with my gen 1s not charging the pods properly, or reliably. The amount of times I take them out of the case, and only one of them is detected is ridiculous. And when I put them back in the case, the same pod isn't detected. So I have to wiggle it about for ages until it finally picks it, but then is at low charge.

Back
Top Bottom