• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have tried both, seen no difference between the two so I use Ryzen High Performance profile and manually edit the plan so it is not 100% usage on minimum. Used to always do it on windows profile before also when I was on intel as I recall some apps or games performance being better vs using balanced.

Soldato
Balanced Ryzen plan. Clocks locked to 4.3 ghz and when it's idle I can barely see any difference in power usage if at all over running the chip at stock. Love Ryzen (well since Gen 2)

Soldato
OP
Well... there is a bug somewhere.

Firstly I couldn't remove the old version. When I ran uninstaller it was just sitting at 0%

I installed new over the top. Then did an uninstall. To find that the driver still showed in add/remove as still installed.

Right click remove and it is gone. Installed the new version which is 100% installed but doesn't show up in add/remove programs....

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well... there is a bug somewhere.

Firstly I couldn't remove the old version. When I ran uninstaller it was just sitting at 0%

I installed new over the top. Then did an uninstall. To find that the driver still showed in add/remove as still installed.

Right click remove and it is gone. Installed the new version which is 100% installed but doesn't show up in add/remove programs....
Same issue.

Soldato
One thing. People on reddit report higher performance scores on CB even for the 3600 with these.

Just installed these on my rig. There is defo a performance boost in CB R20, stock score in MT went from 9345 to 9497. It's repeatable as well within a margin of 3, a 1.5 % increase is 1.5 % lol :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a BSOD this morning from cold boot.

No memory dmp or mini dump.

:(

Everything seems OK. So will see if it happens tomorrow and hopefully catch what it said on screen.

Soldato
Anything in event viewer?

What components do you have overclocked is the next obvious question?
Nothing at all tbh. Offset - 0.1 on voltage from day 1, with stock memory primary timings, but tightened secondaries. Unchanged for a couple of weeks.

Could just be a one off so will wait to see tomorrow morning.

Nothing in event viewer other than an error telling me it couldn't initialize a crash dump. Lol

Back
Top Bottom