• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Nothing at all tbh. Offset - 0.1 on voltage from day 1, with stock memory primary timings, but tightened secondaries. Unchanged for a couple of weeks.

Could just be a one off so will wait to see tomorrow morning.

Nothing in event viewer other than an error telling me it couldn't initialize a crash dump. Lol

I think a - offset of 0.1v might actually be a bit much to be honest. I know i run a 3950x, but a - offset of 0.075v has proved to be just about the sweet spot and in fact has not caused one single issue since i got mine in December.

Soldato
I think a - offset of 0.1v might actually be a bit much to be honest. I know i run a 3950x, but a - offset of 0.075v has proved to be just about the sweet spot and in fact has not caused one single issue since i got mine in December.
It is a variable I've changed, so if I see this issue again I'll look at it. Tbh, my bios profile is 0.1v but actually it was -0.075v.

Soldato
OP
Known Issues
  • Windows Installer pop up message may appear during install
  • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
  • Cannot open installation log file after completion
  • Installer may not update a sub-package to the latest version
    • Workaround: Manually uninstall any prior sub-package, reboot, then re-install the full Chipset package
This is why I never install over the top. It's too messy. Too many things can get left behind. Just remove the lot and do a clean install. Same goes for GPU drivers.

Caporegime
Known Issues
  • Windows Installer pop up message may appear during install
  • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
  • Cannot open installation log file after completion
  • Installer may not update a sub-package to the latest version
    • Workaround: Manually uninstall any prior sub-package, reboot, then re-install the full Chipset package
This is why I never install over the top. It's too messy. Too many things can get left behind. Just remove the lot and do a clean install. Same goes for GPU drivers.

Well it is AMD, so if their graphics drivers are ******, then their chipset drivers are gona be ****** as well! :p

I just installed over the top, and not having any issues.

Back
Top Bottom