*** The official Apple Watch Series 9, 10 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

Thinking about getting a watch, mostly for fitness sort of stuff as I'm quite enjoying Apple Fitness+
Only reason to own one over a Garmin imho. I love fitness+, my whole family use it daily. If I could just break the stupid need to want to track that stuff, all in my own head I could go back to my much better Garmin and forget about the stupid AW battery life. I had a good one that lasted my 2 days but I stupidly took it off on holiday and put it in the safe without giving it another thought until the day I went home. Running it out and leaving it like that was clearly a mistake, since that point I now have to charge it every day. As apposed to my now 6 year+ old garmin which lasts me 14 days.

Only reason to own one over a Garmin imho. I love fitness+, my whole family use it daily. If I could just break the stupid need to want to track that stuff, all in my own head I could go back to my much better Garmin and forget about the stupid AW battery life. I had a good one that lasted my 2 days but I stupidly took it off on holiday and put it in the safe without giving it another thought until the day I went home. Running it out and leaving it like that was clearly a mistake, since that point I now have to charge it every day. As apposed to my now 6 year+ old garmin which lasts me 14 days.
You don’t need an Apple Watch to use Fitness+

I use it with my Epix Pro all the time.

It syncs with your to and puts your heart rate and rings on the screen? It saves and tracks your workouts and results?

This was the only way I saw to do it but it still required you to have an Apple Watch…

As long as you've got an iPhone then you don't need an Apple Watch to use Fitness+ - you don't get the rings on the screen of course, but you can do the workouts with no issue at all.

For example, I have a Concept2 rower and regularly do the rowing workouts. Fitness+ running on Apple TV, iPhone allows me to start the workout. I track the workout on my Garmin. Job done.

Compared my current apple watch series 6 titanium to series 10 titanium

Funny it’s still heavier and fatter compared to my series 6 watch yet it’s supposed to be the lightest and thinnest Apple Watch ever made.

I’m sure it’s same price as well.

Kinda sucks it’s priced so near ultra 2

Apple Watch series 10 46mm
416x496 pixels
1,220 sq mm display area

Bigger screen then ultra 2.

Last edited:
I got an ultra for the better battery life. Has been great
I have an ultra 2 for the battery too. Lasts a couple of days before it needs a charge, with a workout a day. I put my series 4 on yesterday to give it a go, at about 10am. By 4pm, it was down to 20%.

£349 for the Watch 10 with trade-in. The only thing I really use my Apple Watch for at the moment is sleep tracking. I'd like to get into fitness as well but don't really have the space to do a proper workout.

Still rocking the Series 7 here, while the need for an external app for the sleep apnea thing would be nice, it just being a bit thinner and having a better viewing angle isn't enough for me to upgrade..

Back
Top Bottom