*** The official Apple Watch Series 9, 10 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

I’m actually going to try this myself tonight. So did you do a Fitness+ workout? If so, does it double count the workout towards the rings? That’s my main concern.

No, I just done a 5k, i set it up through the app though. Recorded it perfectly.

I also recorded it on my watch as a workout.

LTdDUvW.png

The new Ultra in black does look tempting but after a 30km run this morning my original Ultra still had 80% battery (with phone left at home) so I just can’t justify the upgrade. It’d be a massive initial depreciation hit for virtually the same device.

The new Ultra in black does look tempting but after a 30km run this morning my original Ultra still had 80% battery (with phone left at home) so I just can’t justify the upgrade. It’d be a massive initial depreciation hit for virtually the same device.
What sort of battery life do you get if you listen to music (saved offline to the watch) via Bluetooth headphones while running?

Really considering grabbing either a watch 10 or Ultra 2 coming from an SE 2nd gen, Apple would only give me £80 so would probably be better selling off privately.

Sleep Apnea detection is interesting to me, need to find reviews on it.

I use an app on my Series 7, sounds like they've just added it to the Health app side of things rather than adding anything actually new.
Oh really? I'm sure they said it was only available for series 9+ and Ultra 2? I can't update to ios 18 yet but when I can I'll be sure to check it out.

Edit - Misread - which app?

Last edited:
What sort of battery life do you get if you listen to music (saved offline to the watch) via Bluetooth headphones while running?

I honestly don't know but I've never noticed it drain the battery more so when using Spotify + headphones compared to running without music. I usually panic if it's not close to fully charged before a big run but it's never even remotely depleted afterwards!

I honestly don't know but I've never noticed it drain the battery more so when using Spotify + headphones compared to running without music. I usually panic if it's not close to fully charged before a big run but it's never even remotely depleted afterwards!
That’s interesting. If I use Bluetooth music while running with my Garmin Epix Pro 2 it gets absolutely nuked.

Oh really? I'm sure they said it was only available for series 9+ and Ultra 2? I can't update to ios 18 yet but when I can I'll be sure to check it out.

Edit - Misread - which app?

Be interested to see how the apnea function in the S10 compares..

Just ordered the U2 in black with the Black Trail loop from Curry's, also Added the AirPods 4 with noise cancellation.

Went through my company extra page and got a voucher - cost me £920.

That’s interesting. If I use Bluetooth music while running with my Garmin Epix Pro 2 it gets absolutely nuked.

Well one thing I will say is syncing whether it’s Spotify or Apple’s own podcast app has for years been completely unacceptable. It often doesn’t work at all, gets stuck, or takes about half an hour to download a few songs.

Hopefully fixed with the latest round of software releases but we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom