*** The official Apple Watch Series 9, 10 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

Absolutely not, it's exactly what I said, it means you have to look at a case all the time because you're keeping it nice for the next person.

It really doesn't take much to look after something. I've got a few scratches on the glass of my 13PM but the rest is mint. Ever since the first pocket sized phone, my phone has always gone in my left pocket, keys and cash (not that I carry cash any more) go in my right pocket.

I don't know who that screenshot is for, if you trade in with Apple. they don't care about scratches.

Case / no case people will never agree.
What I'm saying (and those screenshots illustrate) that if you put it in a case, it'll be worth more when you sell it, which is why people do it. Apple's trade-in questionnaire does ask if the phone is free of major dents and scratches, so I think they do care, and it does affect the outcome of the apple questionnaire.

You've put a price on carrying the phone caseless, which is fine, because you've put how it looks ahead of how much you'll claw back when you sell it, should accidents happen. Others have hedged their bets by paying for a case and protecting the phone from the scratches that devalue it.

I personally think it's quite naïve that you seem to think accidents don't happen, and car drivers who've been on the road 20 years without an accident will go 21 years without an accident, the same as your phone will remain unharmed if you drop it.

There is a risk you will drop it on a surface that will cause the screen to smash / crack / scratch, no matter how small that risk, and others manage that risk with a case. I can't see how you find that bonkers. It's perfectly rational in my eyes, just as it is rational to have a caseless phone and have that risk but be happy caseless because you prefer it.

There is a risk you will drop it on a surface that will cause the screen to smash / crack / scratch, no matter how small that risk, and others manage that risk with a case. I can't see how you find that bonkers. It's perfectly rational in my eyes, just as it is rational to have a caseless phone and have that risk but be happy caseless because you prefer it.
AppleCare+ is my case.

A case is the price of a case, protects from scratches and dents.
AppleCare+ doesn't cover minor scratches and damage that doesn't affect the operation of the phone, and has an initial cost + excess to be paid when you use it.

... and that's fine. I understand why you got it. I can also understand why people have a case. They aren't mutually exclusive. :)

Owned my Ultra 2 since release and it's got a few marks on it - funny enough I got a slight scratch on it in the first week and kinda took the band aid off so to speak and now try and use the watch as was intended. It's never off me and it's survived a fair few scrapes in the gym!

Back
Top Bottom