*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

Bayfordbury Observatory Perseid meteor shower.

With the speed of the time elapse in that video, surely most of those lines you can see across the sky are too slow to be meteors? A meteror lasts less than a second (typically) so would hardly even show on that video, let alone appear to be moving. So must be planes & satellites? And also most of the lines go across of whole FOV too, again suggesting a plane or satellite!

Hmm.. I doubt those are meteors.

The reason I say that is that the meteor shower is coming from a region relative to the milky way - not the earth. The path of the "meteors" always seems to be the same - hence relative to the earth.

More like satellites IMOHO.

Cosmography of the Local Universe

The video zooms into our local area of the Universe — our Milky Way galaxy lies in a supercluster of 100,000 galaxies — and then slowly draws back to show the cosmography of the Universe out to 300 million light years.

I wouldn't say it's a fun watch, it's technical and I don't understand much of it, but some may find it interesting.

Hmmm Sunday looking okay, Monday night looking good... I will try get some widefield shots if I can, using the 1000D I'm currently borrowing :D

Also got into 6th form for all my subjects, bring on the A Levels I say!

Got some subs tonight with the 1000D finally. They're not great, but will do.

Got plenty to learn in the morning, as fighting with Deep Sky Stacker really isn't too clever.

Back
Top Bottom