*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Associate
Worth trying this before that RMA process kicks in?

Supposedly the pressure/tapping method only works for stuck pixels not dead ones... I did try applying pressure to it to see if it would make a difference, nothing happened :/ I'll give it another go tonight in case I wasn't doing it correctly.

Soldato
So managed to get it all set up and well as one can expect its lovely. so far so lucky in regards to pixels and it got to 100 hz straight out the box. Gotta admit I got worried initially after setting the monitor to 100 hz and kept saying out of range and realised you needed to change the settings in Nvidia control panel.

The stand is actually really quiet nice and the ASUS logo underneath is decent, not usually a fan of such things, but now and then in all dark room adds to the ambience. Will note however stand rear leg does go out quiet abit. Make sure you have decent space behind the screen. Its about 30 cm's from wall to front of panel with rear leg set right up against said wall, so right now in my temporary set up the panel is a bit in my face.

Couple of snaps all set up :)

2luq9h4.jpg

oh9o6.jpg

Associate
So managed to get it all set up and well as one can expect its lovely. so far so lucky in regards to pixels and it got to 100 hz straight out the box. Gotta admit I got worried initially after setting the monitor to 100 hz and kept saying out of range and realised you needed to change the settings in Nvidia control panel.

The stand is actually really quiet nice and the ASUS logo underneath is decent, not usually a fan of such things, but now and then in all dark room adds to the ambience. Will note however stand rear leg does go out quiet abit. Make sure you have decent space behind the screen. Its about 30 cm's from wall to front of panel with rear leg set right up against said wall, so right now in my temporary set up the panel is a bit in my face.

2luq9h4.jpg

oh9o6.jpg

They are some nice pictures, how long ago did you order the monitor?

Associate

2luq9h4.jpg

oh9o6.jpg

Can I ask an unrelated question about your setup is the lighting behind the monitor linked to the game and change with what's on the screen ?

Associate
Thanks, I ordered the monitor on the 12th when my prior one was sold.

12th Feb or Jan, from OCuk?

Had mine delivered Tuesday from another supplier. Ordered 12th Feb. Ordered one from Ocuk on the 9th. Still waiting. I didnt get the free delivery though as with OcUk.

The other retailer ETA for orders now are March 26th.

A few pics, forgive the old game, not touched my pc in years and moved house a few months ago, so a rushed setup. Hence the best I had was battlefield 4 to give it a blast. New rig coming next week.

Seems like I got a good screen, a brief pixel check cant find anything. Had it delivered to work. Unboxed it in the boardroom to have a look and check for dead pixels. We both just started laughing as my previous monitor was a Dell 24 and he's still using a NEC 20'. Trying to tempt him to take the one I have on preorder from OC off me. But he bought some expensive cats recently...:rolleyes:

Overclock works fine too. Thought it was pretty cool, the screen has an option to overlay crosshairs in the centre of the screen.

2nu8493.jpg

fnd0us.jpg

Soldato
Can I ask an unrelated question about your setup is the lighting behind the monitor linked to the game and change with what's on the screen ?

Not to the screen, but connected to the case lighting, in turn which is managed by the temperature of the water using some special fittings. You can set profiles up, but for myself, lights are off when the water is cool, ideal for browsing, then as it gets warmer with gaming / benching it goes from blue through the spectrum ending up on red. Use a pair of these modules to manage 8 strips via software: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-colour-work-usb-aquabus-variant-wc-298-aq.html Coincidentally when I took the snaps the water was cooler for the blue pic and had heated up by the time I took a pic of witcher 3 :)

12th Feb or Jan, from OCuk?

Yeah 12th of Feb. Nope from elsewhere also.

Nice pics :)

Associate
Really impressed with this monitor over the last few days.
Stunning performance, though I still need to settle on a decent calibration. Zero issues to be seen with the panel, which is a real relief after the last two monitors I've had on the system - it's even tempting me to re-evaluate my intention to hold off on a GPU upgrade until the Pascals come about.

Soldato
Stunning performance, though I still need to settle on a decent calibration. Zero issues to be seen with the panel, which is a real relief after the last two monitors I've had on the system - it's even tempting me to re-evaluate my intention to hold off on a GPU upgrade until the Pascals come about.

Are you, or anyone else with the panel getting a little bit of whine on some specific sights. An example no competitor talk please! which uses mostly white background with black test. Most sites seem fine but set on 100hz seems to create a tiny bit of whine on said type of sites and even a littlebit browsing this site

Its really a small noise and only heard it as my PC runs very silent, but now I know its there :( Not sure if this is normal behaviour however and if it affects anyone else.

Associate

With the brightness set 20 - 30 at 100Hz is there any noise coming from the monitor like whining or buzzing ? noticeable, say in a very quiet room ?

Associate
It's not looking too good for these pre-orders being fulfilled any time soon. I placed on Feb 12th, have since been told that a batch of 20 were expected on the 18th but as of today, still no sign of them.

I see other suppliers have a restock date of last week of March, can anyone from OcUK advise whether keeping the order placed with them is going to be fulfilled any sooner or later than cancelling and going elsewhere?

Associate
It's not looking too good for these pre-orders being fulfilled any time soon. I placed on Feb 12th, have since been told that a batch of 20 were expected on the 18th but as of today, still no sign of them.

I see other suppliers have a restock date of last week of March, can anyone from OcUK advise whether keeping the order placed with them is going to be fulfilled any sooner or later than cancelling and going elsewhere?

Hi Stringy, from what I can tell. all of the shops are having the same stock issue. - the reason for the end of March lead time is because they're all having to wait for the next batch of monitors to arrive from the east by boat no doubt.

Ordering anything from the east always takes a good 4 weeks to get here :(

I'm loathe to send my monitor back because of this dead pixel only to have to wait a further 3 weeks before I get a replacement :/ - but there's no way I can keep a £1000 screen with even a single dead pixel on day one!

Soldato
Hi Stringy, from what I can tell. all of the shops are having the same stock issue. - the reason for the end of March lead time is because they're all having to wait for the next batch of monitors to arrive from the east by boat no doubt.

I'm loathe to send my monitor back because of this dead pixel only to have to wait a further 3 weeks before I get a replacement :/ - but there's no way I can keep a £1000 screen with even a single dead pixel on day one!

In same position as you, sort of. Get a tiny bit of coil whine at the moment and while I expected it. Everyone else suggests they are getting none so its some what irking me somewhat, so may as well play a role of the dice. The coil whine is actually not bad and only present in certain situations, but now I know its there and on a 1k moniter :(

Associate
Are you, or anyone else with the panel getting a little bit of whine on some specific sights. An example no competitor talk please! which uses mostly white background with black test. Most sites seem fine but set on 100hz seems to create a tiny bit of whine on said type of sites and even a littlebit browsing this site

Its really a small noise and only heard it as my PC runs very silent, but now I know its there :( Not sure if this is normal behaviour however and if it affects anyone else.

With the brightness set 20 - 30 at 100Hz is there any noise coming from the monitor like whining or buzzing ? noticeable, say in a very quiet room ?

Can't say I've noticed anything noticeable regarding coil whine lads.........ran for a bit with brightness down to about 35 or so with a variety of bright and dark sources on-screen and never noticed anything out of the ordinary - and I'd normally be someone who gets irked by such distracting noise. Was certainly more noticeable on my old trusty Dell U3011 a few year back and that never amounted to anything more than a minor inconvenience.
Only issues I've noticed over the last week has been an annoying tendency for the desktop to move window positions around when the monitor is resuming from sleep mode - drives my OCD nuts, but I can hardly blame that on the monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
Only issues I've noticed over the last week has been an annoying tendency for the desktop to move window positions around when the monitor is resuming from sleep mode - drives my OCD nuts, but I can hardly blame that on the monitor.

I use Fences - works a treat for locking your desktop and keeping everything where you want it :)

Associate
I use Fences - works a treat for locking your desktop and keeping everything where you want it :)

Might give it a look, though I hate using similar stuff like Display Fusion. I use DesktopOK for organising icons location etc, but I suppose the windows moving about (not every time by any means) is just small potatoes.
Just one of those Windows/Driver things I hate sometimes.:mad:

Associate

Update: Got an email last night saying my screen is out for delivery. Should have it tomorrow. Will let you all know how I get on with my ticket in the pixel lottery!

Back
Top Bottom