• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official ATI Radeon HD 6970 & 6950 Reviews, Discussion and Overclocking Thread ***

Soldato
I prefer to look at gurus reviews always honest and never biased. However looking at there results it makes the 6970 look loud and hot compared to the competition.

They said the 6970 is on par in sound with a pair of 570's in SLI and the heat is the same as a pair of 570's running in SLI.

Now that compared with performance makes the 6970 a poor card for the price which is unusual for ATI and on top of that the 6900 series seem to be very poor clockers.

Well I prefer hex-s, Guru are not reliable and TBH not trustworthy.

Associate
If AMD released the 6950 & 6970 one month before GTX570 and GTX580 everyone would have called it a big success...
A month or two can make a big difference.
You're right, it has affected how people have reacted to the cards. But any sensible person choosing between them will ignore the posts that say 'disappointed' or 'FAIL', and just compare the cards in their price range.

I'm comparing the 570 and 6970, and it's very close. I don't give a stuff who released their card first, or how fast their top card is etc.

Soldato
I thought I'll just drop this here. Another dozen or so reviews in the work.

cizkg.jpg

Soldato
So, when people actually get around to playing with the new cards how about getting some benches up? I suggest Metro2033 Bench and Crysis Warhead bench at 1080, it seems a fairly common res and both games are demanding.

Back
Top Bottom