*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
So I take it Playstation sales are through the roof?

Desperate.

Edit:
Miele went on to list all the things that supposedly contributed to the game’s failure, among those being the “huge ambitions for the project,” the aging Frostbite engine, the global pandemic, a “historic” amount of bugs and, surprisingly, the simultaneous launch of ‘Halo Infinite’s’ multiplayer mode.
Yeah - I find taking out key/basic features out of a game hugely ambitious. No argument regarding the Frostbite engine though I did think it was meant to be at its best in FPS? I'm sure other games have still managed to do well during the pandemic, and if it caused delays - perhaps don't release a broken game? No argument about bugs but whose fault is that?

Associate
The purpose of this change is to help even out the odds and create a more exciting experience throughout the match, especially in the final sectors.
The attacking team will now start with a slightly adjusted ticket counts, but always receive less tickets per sector gained.
https://twitter.com/BattlefieldComm/status/1494264297706434566
Definitely feels like a good change - especially increasing the starting ticket counts on maps like 'Hourglass' where controlling the 3 points in 128p mode requires a lot of manoeuvring.

I think the change to the attacking team receiving less tickets per section is definitely needed too - played a game on Manifest yesterday where we had the attackers down to 50 tickets, they claim the penultimate sector and suddenly were up to 400 again for the final (and relatively easy one to cap) objective.

Overall it's good to see it's being done based on the data as well vs. just trying it to see how it goes. There were a lot shooting from the hip adjustments with BFV (change TTK, lower TTK, increase TTK) so it's good that we get a bit more explanation with these changes to Breakthrough.

Associate
603195_Hardline.jpg

Soldato
There are certainly some over dramatic souls around this thread. If you don't like the game or agree with the direction it's gone in, just don't play it or look at anything related to it.

I still don't understand how people can be so aggressively negative and critical of a game - and then continue to read threads, posts and articles about that game.

If people have paid upwards of £50 for this absolute abortion then they have a ******* right to vent their spleens.

Caporegime
Awful lag tonight, one button press took atleast 30 seconds before something happened! In fact pressing E to come out of a vehicle and it happened about a min later :D

Associate
Last BF game for me, unless there is a drastic turnaround in form from Dice.

Still remember the BF2 days with fondness but its been a gradual downhill ride since then and now with this - its dropped off a cliff.

Caporegime
Last BF game for me, unless there is a drastic turnaround in form from Dice.

Still remember the BF2 days with fondness but its been a gradual downhill ride since then and now with this - its dropped off a cliff.

Dice, as we knew it doesn't exist anymore. Seemingly a lot of the senior devs got bored with making the same game over and over with the same ludicrous deadlines and ****** off elsewhere. This "Dice" should be renamed "Dino". Dice in name only.

Back
Top Bottom