*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
its much improved, some of the maps are still terrible (hourglass and discarded)

but id say its main problem now is how unbalanced matches are (mainly breakthrough)
as a guess 8/10 matches are a complete hammering for one side, with only a couple being decent where there is exchange of points back and forward with close ticket counts etc

explosive spam is a bit out of control as well, like a sundance can have a rifle with grenade launcher (with upto 3 sets of grenades), plus her special grenades (which refresh on a timer) plus the sticky launcher AND normal grenades

Associate
With all of the explosive spam at the moment, it's definitely worth playing as Irish and using his APS trophy. It's so so vital when everyone is throwing 1000 grenades, using the new sticky launcher or Zain's airburst rifle.

It definitely seems like the 'spam' is always more relevant in Breakthrough than in Conquest. I enjoy Breakthrough as it's hectic and it's a great way to get weapons etc. levelled up - but Conquest has always been my favourite mode in Battlefield (with the occasional Rush game!).

Associate
Skins are for kids. Why waste your money?
Just a weird choice of skin for a war game that has no hint of cyberpunk about it.. Makes me wonder how did that get approved? Could have done some cool tactical skins instead, the different camo blends in well with the games textures. Anyway, just thought it was weird.

Associate
Just a weird choice of skin for a war game that has no hint of cyberpunk about it.. Makes me wonder how did that get approved? Could have done some cool tactical skins instead, the different camo blends in well with the games textures. Anyway, just thought it was weird.
It's the only one so far that is a bit out of place - but even then it fits with Crawford and his character so it's not too odd.

If it was for Boris then I think it would be more questionable but it at least sort of fits with Crawford's arms dealer lore.

Associate
It's the only one so far that is a bit out of place - but even then it fits with Crawford and his character so it's not too odd.

If it was for Boris then I think it would be more questionable but it at least sort of fits with Crawford's arms dealer lore.
Ah.. I see.. I gotta read up on that lore. Thanks dude.

Associate
I know previously a few people were asking about display and video settings and what to use. These are what I've been using for a little while now with no issues at all, I'm running a 3070 and 5800x and happily sit between 115-160FPS across all maps and modes. Typically I get more consistently in the 150+ if I'm playing 64p game modes.

2042 Settings

Soldato
So far it’s been really enjoyable. I think the lack of destructive environments is not so great but then pre BC2 they weren’t either. Weapons definitely seem a lot weaker than they have in the past. Especially anti vehicle/aircraft weapons are very weak. I’m currently playing as Lis and practising with the tv camera whilst grinding for the rail gun.

Associate
Yeah, definitely agree that the entire engineer/anti vehicle class is quite weak in comparison to others. Lis is the only decent one, Boris and Crawford are just a bit meh.

I'm happy they've brought the class system in but before the introduction there were a lot more people rocking M5 launchers so vehicles were less impactful.

I've been having some great games recently, really close conquest games that are split by 30 tickets or so and just a proper back and forth slog.

Associate
Yeah, definitely agree that the entire engineer/anti vehicle class is quite weak in comparison to others. Lis is the only decent one, Boris and Crawford are just a bit meh.

I'm happy they've brought the class system in but before the introduction there were a lot more people rocking M5 launchers so vehicles were less impactful.
Yeah, I'm out the other side of this now. Explosive/grenade spam is now on par with BF1 and until they re-balance the damage to, and from, vehicles it's just boringly frustrating. The only time it works (especially on Breakthrough) is when you get a squad or bunch of players actually making an effort to knock out the armour, sadly rare.
I'm going back to trolling with my EOD, haven't actually put any effort into that yet. :D

Back
Top Bottom