Poll: ***The Official Battlefield 3 Thread***

Xbox 360 BF3 server preference

• Total voters
Associate
I fancied a game on metro the other day so found a 200% server, joined in and it started alright.

We got to B (playing as US), was holding it and defending it alright, teams were balanced so wasn't just a walk in the park, everyone was working together and was a good match.

Then the owner or one of the admins started killing us (killed by admin rubbish), pushed us back into spawn and then they started just base raping, over and over again.

So annoying! but that's most custom servers for you, I've a got a few in my favourites list that aren't ran by complete idiots.

Caporegime
It shows up as killed by admin when they swap your teams. They can't actually kill you

But obviously the admin felt his side was loosing, so swapped people round so the teams were stacked enough to let him spawn trap the enemy team and have an easy game.

Caporegime
no no no no no no no no no no

There are already enough servers breaking the EA Server Rental T&C by trying to enforce stupid rules

No Semi Auto Snipers, No Shotguns, No PDWs, No Stinger / IGLA, No Javelin, no M320, no 100 Star Colonels etc.. etc..

its stupid. Server owners should not be able to force what weapons and tools should be used. Play the game DICE designed, if you don't like the fact that you can be killed by semi auto snipers, PLAY ANOTHER GAME !

Its why I largely play on DICE only servers at the moment. I cannot be bothered with the stupid rules that are just designed to flatter the player that rented the server and give them the best kills.

Don't like it? don't play on restricted servers. I play mostly TDM and can understand why some admins dont want shotguns or smoke or other things.
They pay for the server, they should have proper control of it.

A proper pistols and knives server, without being spoilt - awesome.
Sniper battles only - great.

I use my 870 enough when there is need, but can appreciate a no shotgun server.

So what if someone ranks up a bit quicker because of a restricted server, why care?

Associate
It shows up as killed by admin when they swap your teams. They can't actually kill you

But obviously the admin felt his side was loosing, so swapped people round so the teams were stacked enough to let him spawn trap the enemy team and have an easy game.

Yeah, annoying! I left after trying to sneak past a few times, can't be doing with it! like you I tend to stick to the DICE servers now, but the longer games are good sometimes. I think Caspien Border is only 150 tickets normally and its over in like 10-15 minutes.

Caporegime
Don't like it? don't play on restricted servers. I play mostly TDM and can understand why some admins dont want shotguns or smoke or other things.

Why ?

You don't choose to play only part of the game that you like because you feel that a certain weapon is cheap.

Why do the devs go to the bother of creating and balancing shotguns if sore admins just disable them outright because they are childish and can't take being killed by them ? Theres a reason why other games enable the weapons to be removed entirely and BF3 doesnt.

Caporegime
Why ?

You don't choose to play only part of the game that you like because you feel that a certain weapon is cheap.

Why do the devs go to the bother of creating and balancing shotguns if sore admins just disable them outright because they are childish and can't take being killed by them ? Theres a reason why other games enable the weapons to be removed entirely and BF3 doesnt.

It's not about being childish, it's about creating a personal space for you and your friends (and then anyone else who wants in) of differing enjoyment.
If you don't allow some form of customisation then all servers become the same, with just a different amount of tickets.

People pay for the servers, they should have the choice what goes on.
People like you clearly care too much about other peoples stats and levels.

Caporegime
It's not about being childish, it's about creating a personal space for you and your friends (and then anyone else who wants in) of differing enjoyment.
If you don't allow some form of customisation then all servers become the same, with just a different amount of tickets.

People pay for the servers, they should have the choice what goes on.
People like you clearly care too much about other peoples stats and levels.

My only objection is joining a server and then being told I can't use certain weapons, or that my rank is too high to play, or that I can't play a certain class.

I've seen servers before where the owner was obviously a pilot and forbid anybody to use stingers or soflams. Its a joke and nothing more than stat padding which would normally get your stats reset by DICE.

It is them that care too much about stats, which is why they feel the need to create such servers.

I'm completely fine with having a pistol only server for example if somebody wants a server to practice pistols on. Its when they stack the rules such that its for them and against everybody else I disagree.

It also explains why there is such a poor amount of variation in the servers, because most people who rent such servers set them up with high score per minute in mind. Its why there currently are about 2 player reented servers running armored kill but tons and tons of 500 % metro servers.

Soldato
Why ?

The problem is, Shotguns on console arnt balanced, all you need to do is spam aim and trigger thanks to aim assist, and every that knows about it abuses it.

It takes away the challange of killing someone.

Added to the fact that Americans abuse the hit detection it can make killing them very hard, yet they can kill you before you even get a chance to fire.

I play TDM mainly to stab people, and get Defib kills, love running around like a nutter, as Morbs will agree ;)

But shotguns can really spoil a good game.

Caporegime
The problem is, Shotguns on console arnt balanced, all you need to do is spam aim and trigger thanks to aim assist, and every that knows about it abuses it.

It takes away the challange of killing someone.

Added to the fact that Americans abuse the hit detection it can make killing them very hard, yet they can kill you before you even get a chance to fire.

I play TDM mainly to stab people, and get Defib kills, love running around like a nutter, as Morbs will agree ;)

But shotguns can really spoil a good game.

Yeah you bloody stabbing people i'm trying to defib/repair tool kill :p
my kills!!! :D

Forget americans, its the KSA lot I struggle to hit most of the time.

To try some balance testing i've done a few games this last few days where in TDM I try to get all the class ribbons (sniper/assault rifle/LMG/PDW/pistol/shotgun/carbine). Even by only using the 870 I can get the ribbon quickest and get more kills than any other gun type.

Caporegime
Thats because you're playing to the shotguns strengths.

Shotguns are supposed to be good at close range. Unless your losing ***** they are useless at range, thats their trade off.

Caporegime
But then the PDW is the same, it's advantage is CQC. also I was using probably the least used shotgun in TDM (all I ever see is saiga/dao/m1014(or whatever it is)) and not just running around spamming. If the 870 and its slower ROF is overpowering then the skill less ones are even more over powered. Kinda proving our point ;)

I've got lots of kills with the different classes, got used to each classes quirks and limitations on gun type so feel I have a good idea of what is overpowered or not.

Because the shotguns are overpowered in TDM I can see why some admins prefer to restrict them and allow people to have normal gun games.

Associate
I don't think they are overpowered at all to be honest, like Frodders said - they are good in close quarters situations but pants at range. It's just the nature of the weapon.

Though the frag rounds are good for suppression at range still I think!

Associate
There is no long range in TDM, especially with slugs ;)

I know, I was just referring to them in general. I've only played TDM a handful of times, don't really like it.

I always use flechette rounds with the SPAS12 if I'm using a shotgun (just because I like the model), or the underbarrel ones for assault rifles occasionally.

Caporegime
Yeah in the bigger game types you have the balance, and no one could really argue that :)

Not played much with the spas, probably because i've already got extended mag on 870 lol.

Some of the sounds of the other guns are terrible when firing them, the M1014 thing sounds pathetic lol

Soldato
first person shooter with ground vehicles and air craft. What's not understandable? :p

why cant I leave a lobby, why must I wait for match to start.
how do I set up my classes or do I have to pick from the 4 preset ones?
is it right that I can only expect 4 or 5 kills a match and spend the rest of the time roaming the giant maps and getting shot in the back occasionally?

genuine questions by the way

Back
Top Bottom