*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
There is a sort of gimmick they've stuck into conquest to assist the losing team. I've noticed quite a few very close games lately or games turning right at the end for the other team, at a point in the match the flags cap much quicker for the losing team to give them an assist.

Was confirmed by Dice on reddit.

n9CdOdh.jpg

Associate
There is a sort of gimmick they've stuck into conquest to assist the losing team. I've noticed quite a few very close games lately or games turning right at the end for the other team, at a point in the match the flags cap much quicker for the losing team to give them an assist.

n9CdOdh.jpg

I prefer this to the idiotic trains and behometh BS they gave the losing team in BF1.

Caporegime
I prefer this to the idiotic trains and behometh BS they gave the losing team in BF1.

The behemoths never really worked the way dice intended, train drivers would just position themselves for their mortar rounds and to hell with everyone else (sometimes they just sat in spawn), the dreadnought got obliterated in a few minutes by torpedo boats, the tank could be a pain to take out, airship was meh.

Associate
ZH-29 plays very like the skill cannon that is the RSC from BF1 ie you need to hit your shots as you only have 5 shots before reloading but its hits so hard, went 47-7 just an hour ago with it.
Unlocked the next in class which ironically is the RSC, havent tried it yet though.

Soldato
That does explain where I've noticed me capping the flags very quickly while being on my own in some games. I like the idea, but I think it should only come into effect when a team is getting completely rolf stomped. I didn't mind the idea of behemoths but as gerard said players just camped in them half the time.

Associate

n9CdOdh.jpg

lol sign of the times

Soldato
I'm still enjoying it although the little bugs start to grate. And the UI still leaves a lot to be desired (having to manually do Allied and Axis is annoyingly time consuming) and it randomly switches to a different gadget, gun or class upon loading a new map. Plus it seems like the squad deploy screen doesn't realise people are no longer in combat so you have to go to the overview then select etc little things, but enough to be frustrating. Performance wise very odd. Was running at 1080p and getting about 70-80 fps with mainly high/ultra with a 1700 @ 2.7GHz and a 1080Ti without future frame rendering (because of the input lag) but upped it to 1440p and frames are exactly the same, just assume it the was 1700 bottlenecking at 1080p. Also it entirely depends on the session but whilst mostly fine and 70+ all the way sometimes it will just seem to decide 'this session I will randomly drop to 50-60 fps at random moments' but it's not very frequent. Have the memory dump thing enabled from BF1 still which fixed it for that but seems to work intermittently for this.

Definitely needs some more maps but i'm still unlocking guns for the various classes and have barely touched the planes and tanks so there's still stuff to do. Agree regarding the snow maps, my least favourite (although Hamada isn't brilliant, seems huge just for the sake of being huge).

Am happy they have tweaked the catchup mechanic as it was getting a bit annoying re the close games when you were ahead for 80% of it. Had a few 100-300 ticket wins now. Do wish they would do 'something' to conquest to stop the round robin of straight from one flag to the next, and then back. Not sure what they could do but maybe something like requiring a minimum number of players to cap a flag or for a flag to require an addition 60 seconds after capping to fully secure it. I dunno, hope they will think of something but it's been like this since BF3.

Associate
Sorry if my reply sounded condescending - there's a lot of people that are assuming it's just like adding a new mode of AA or something, but it's quite a bit bigger than that so I'd imagine it will take a generation or two to 'bed in'.

I'm with you on the 4k front though, at the moment I'd rather push more pixels and wait for real time RT to mature. DLSS however, might be quite interesting...

You Dont need to apologise no problem at all, yes we all want this now just hope Nvidia can pull it off sooner rather than later :)

Caporegime
That does explain where I've noticed me capping the flags very quickly while being on my own in some games. I like the idea, but I think it should only come into effect when a team is getting completely rolf stomped. I didn't mind the idea of behemoths but as gerard said players just camped in them half the time.

The closer you stand to the flag the quicker it caps.

Associate
Coming from BF1 I wasn't sure about BFV at first but I'm getting into it now. The game doesn't feel quite as atmospheric as BF1 but the customisation options are a nice touch and I'm enjoying playing each class, rather than having one or two favourites like I did in BF1.

I'm still trying to unlock the StG44 but the fully optimised Turner SMLE is a lot of fun to use at medium range right now, and might be my assault weapon of choice.

Back
Top Bottom