*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

I'm glad Usyk won. I had a bet on him. But winning via ko/tko.

I might have won the bet if the standing count was in the middle of the round and not the end.

I would be surprised if Fury doesn't take the rematch clause. Millions of £/$'s on the table, and a chance to win all the belts.
I dunno he's pretty loaded.

It's more the fact that he dodged him for so long and gave it his all last night (thankfully) so I wouldn't be suprised if that's the last of him we'll see.

More likely to see him on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here than in a ring imo.

And as the pundit said at the end of the broadcast last night, he thought at least that it's Usyk that is more likely to retire given he doesn't come across as that much money motivated and has now done it all.

But yeh, never say never :p

I dunno he's pretty loaded.

It's more the fact that he dodged him for so long and gave it his all last night (thankfully) so I wouldn't be suprised if that's the last of him we'll see.

More likely to see him on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here than in a ring imo.

And as the pundit said at the end of the broadcast last night, he thought at least that it's Usyk that is more likely to retire given he doesn't come across as that much money motivated and has now done it all.

But yeh, never say never :p

I think the clause in their contract is Usyk will need to fight the rematch if Fury wants it.

I don’t think Fury looked poor to be fair, was a good fight Usyk has an unbelievable resumè and it would be a shame to not see a rematch and then one against AJ before riding into the sunset. Time will tell, his Cardio is still surprisingly fantastic though.

I'm glad Usyk won. I had a bet on him. But winning via ko/tko.

I might have won the bet if the standing count was in the middle of the round and not the end.

I would be surprised if Fury doesn't take the rematch clause. Millions of £/$'s on the table, and a chance to win all the belts.

So close, another 5-10 seconds and Fury would have been visiting Asgard.

I’m pretty sure Usyk will be get stripped if he doesn’t defend the IBF in a few months. The only belt we can be sure of being on line next time is WBC.

All this talk of retirement for both fighters. There is a contract and that contract says rematch which Fury said they will activate in October.

Only way retirement would work is if both choose not to activate the rematch.

Last edited:
Fury doesn’t have that fire he once had. Round 5 saw opportunity to lay some damage and he played it safe. That cost him as let’s be fair, he was never going all those rounds in peak attack mode, he’s not fit enough.

Someone should have been shouting at him to finish it and they either didn’t or he wasn’t listening. From round 7 onwards, Usyk had the stamina and the drive to keep going. Fury prattling around on the back pedal trying to gain composure was a wise move but it made him look like he was backing down as many can’t comprehend how long it takes to truly recover from a proper belt to the head. He did well to keep moving and reign back some control. Too little too late at that point though. That round sealed it.

I think personally Fury lost a bit of the hunger. It seemed pretty obvious from his last fight.

It might be now he has gotten the hunger back and will go for it now. Whatever happens I think the next fight will be just as electrifying as this one so it is win win for everyone.

Last edited:
All this talk of retirement for both fighters. There is a contract and that contract says rematch which Fury said they will activate in October.

I would be really tempted to retire if I was Usyk. He’s cleaned house at cruiser and heavyweight and beat everyone in both devisions so decisively nobody can question him. In every discussion of who is the greatest of all, his name is one of the first to be mentioned. Its a truly amazing achievement in 22 pro fights.

I would be really tempted to retire if I was Usyk. He’s cleaned house at cruiser and heavyweight and beat everyone in both devisions so decisively nobody can question him. In every discussion of who is the greatest of all, his name is one of the first to be mentioned. Its a truly amazing achievement in 22 pro fights.
Yeh it's odd not to think it's on the cards tbh

Anyway, here's a belt

If a fighter retires he realistically isn’t going to be held to the contract! :p My prediction for the future is Fury comes out with a <insert ******** excuse here> why the rematch can’t be made. AJ V Fury 2 fight contract is made, nice little retirement fund for both of them.

Fury won’t want to fight Usyk again, he was peak Fury last night and the rematch is only going to go the same way and he knows it.

If a fighter retires he realistically isn’t going to be held to the contract! :p My prediction for the future is Fury comes out with a <insert ******** excuse here> why the rematch can’t be made. AJ V Fury 2 fight contract is made, nice little retirement fund for both of them.

Fury won’t want to fight Usyk again, he was peak Fury last night and the rematch is only going to go the same way and he knows it.

Maybe not, but I think Fury will want the 40 million quid and Usyk is his ticket to that. Joshua will likely get the lions share in a Fury fight.

He would be sued surely?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom