**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Anyone considering the newly announced Xiaomi Redmi note 2?

I definitely am; I just have two questions...

1. Is 2gb ram enough these days? Considering phones like the p8000 and umi ron have 3gb.

2. where can I buy this? I've trawled everywhere for a preorder.

I've just had a interesting email from ELEPHONE about the new phone.

"ELEPHONE VOWNEY PRO 4GB INTEL Z3580 2.3GHz Quad Core 5.5 Inch 2K IPS Screen Android 5.1 & Win10 4G LTE Smartphone White"

They haven't said if it had band 20(800). Some may be interested in this?

I've just had a interesting email from ELEPHONE about the new phone.

"ELEPHONE VOWNEY PRO 4GB INTEL Z3580 2.3GHz Quad Core 5.5 Inch 2K IPS Screen Android 5.1 & Win10 4G LTE Smartphone White"

They haven't said if it had band 20(800). Some may be interested in this?

Are these available anywhere? Been trying to find this and the 3GB version, and they all say out of stock.

They look on paper like a quality phone for the price.

These Chinese phones are certainly value for money despite running Chinese based ROMS I've had at least 3 firmware updates which have brought improvements across the board.

Last edited:
So... My Moto 4G got dropped and the sensors under the screen are broke (on one side of the phone). Can barely use it, so I figured I'll go with a Chinese phone this time around..

There's sooooo many to choose from, though. Help is needed!

I nearly bought a Ulefone be touch 2 but got scared of the Customs duty etc. Could anyone kindly give some background to the customs situation Many thanks

I think it's random if you get hit. I've had plenty of packages delivered from outside the EU and rarely get charged.

Amazon sell this phone, and is fulfilled by Amazon, so won't have any problems with customs.

I nearly bought a Ulefone be touch 2 but got scared of the Customs duty etc. Could anyone kindly give some background to the customs situation Many thanks
If it gets checked by customs when it comes in (it may or may not), then you might have to pay 3.6% import duty, and will have to pay 20% VAT on both the declared cost of the phone and the declared cost of shipping, which will be on the CN22 form on the package.
You'll also need to pay an £8 (Parcelforce) or £13.50 (Royal Mail) handling fee.
You could ask the seller to declare a lower value on the package, but this would be fraud, and is naughty.

A better option would be to buy from one of the sites that has a warehouse inside the EU, and then you don't have to pay any import tax at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom