**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

So you've purchased it? If so let us know how the sale goes with oppomart and what the phone is like when you get it :)

Edit. And yeah I think it will work with the 4g on three. It says it supports the 1800mhz band

Last edited:
I have the redmi note 2.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...X10-2-0Ghz-Octa-Core/1153179_32419958823.html

£118, no import tax. They ship to a guy in the UK and then on to you.

Tried riptide GP2, vain glory, both have good graphics and do not lag at all.

The screen is awesome.

Signal is better than my Galaxy S6. At my desk at home 2 bars of 4g on the S6 and 4 bars on the xiaomi... :O

In the hand it feels slightly slippy, but the included free case they sent which is a very thin gel case helps a lot.

Everything about it feels like it should be a £200 phone at least. Any questions please ask :)

What's their modified android like on this phone? Some reviews of the note 2 say it bogs it down a little.

Not at all imho! I really really like the customisation, there is a lot you can do too, from changing the name of the operator next to the phone signal... to displaying the current download speed at the top next to your signal...to complete different themes.

Although it has "only" 2GB of ram I have not noticed it having to reload anything when I reopen it. So I wouldn't say it is bogged down at all.

My other phone is an S6... so far I prefer this! Mainly due to the battery life of the S6. Don't even mention the google play services draining your battery bug on the Galaxy S6 :mad:

My experience with the Honor 7 started off sweet but the Chinese ROM is a nightmare. Google Play services all but stopped working, contacts turn themselves on and off both for SMS and WhatsApp. It's all well and good that you get quality specs for a decent price however the downside is the ROM that you have to wrestle with.

These little niggles encroach upon using the phone, I rather have a device that just works out of the box. I've had to factory reset the phone 4 times already just to get things working again.

^I have been waiting patiently for the European release to do just that however I'm a little dismayed to find out that the Euro release only has 16GB version, whereas my phone is the 64GB version. I don't want to flash a ROM and downgrading my phone to the 16GB!

I guess I'll have to wait a little longer, however I will keep an eye over at XDA.

That's what happened with the LG G2 when users were flashing ROMS. It happened to a friend I know he went from 32GB back down to 16GB when he flashed from a Asian ROM to a European ROM and he was livid! :eek:

Caution must be exercised I guess. :(

That's a ridiculous situation. Can nothing be done?

Things like this are starting put me off buying a Chinese phone. Long term updates I think are important, and a lot of comments are that this doesn't happen with Xiaomi and Huawei and maybe others.

They release a phone, then literally announce another 'flagship' phone almost instantly, because the bottom line is, that's what makes them money.

I'll certainly switch to another phone one that just works out the box.
Yes these phones do offer incredible value for money but it's certainly not worth the hassle that comes along with it.
Lesson learned the hard way I guess.

Any decent 3rd party ROMs on xda stoosh? My K3 is getting pretty good community support, I'd hope the Honor is mainstream enough to have some too?

Nothing yet Dude. I check on a daily basis. There's a complicated way to root the phone but nothing else yet. Gets worrying when the phone throws up error messages stating that Google services are incompatible with the ROM rendering the phone next to useless

it depend what phone/model you pick I suppose,not all have bad roms on them

The Honor 6 was decent and I the Honor 7 will most likely follow suit. It's early days but the phone is unusable minus Google services and I'm getting tired of factory resetting the phone.

Back
Top Bottom