**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

The phone is amazing. I bought a Moto 4g 3 months ago for £95 and it doesn't even come close to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 that is £102...

I can't wait to properly use it, but first impressions are really, really good. It is on the big side, but I'll get used to it fairly quickly.

Here's a few pictures taken by my tablet and the current phone, so the quality isn't great! Last picture was taken with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 to show how good the camera is. It was just a quick picture, so I'm sure I could get better quality out of it (I'm not so great with photography :p)

http://imgur.com/a/5zUn7

If anyone is interested, I bought it from http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/xiaomi-redmi-note-2.html - it was £12 delivery and it took just over a week (ordered on 24th August and it came today).

It was pretty straight forward, although I wasn't terribly organised in the way I went about it.

Root guide here - http://gadgetunlocker.com/how-to-root-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t5/

Then installed ESET anti virus and Jumobile system app remover and uninstalled anything that ESET flagged after doing a full scan, and anything else that looked like bloatware and basically anything that had Chinese characters in the name. Then installed a new launcher, dialer, etc etc but those are obviously personal choice.

There are still one or two system apps that I'm not 100 percent sure what they do, but ESET isn't finding anything to complain about and I'll look at them more closely when I can be bothered.

Did you have any trouble with cellular data or camera not working?

What network are you on? Just wondering if this will work on Three 4G?

The phone is amazing. I bought a Moto 4g 3 months ago for £95 and it doesn't even come close to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 that is £102...

I can't wait to properly use it, but first impressions are really, really good. It is on the big side, but I'll get used to it fairly quickly.

Here's a few pictures taken by my tablet and the current phone, so the quality isn't great! Last picture was taken with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 to show how good the camera is. It was just a quick picture, so I'm sure I could get better quality out of it (I'm not so great with photography :p)

http://imgur.com/a/5zUn7

If anyone is interested, I bought it from http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/xiaomi-redmi-note-2.html - it was £12 delivery and it took just over a week (ordered on 24th August and it came today).

Looks very nice. It does look big.

What's android like on this?
What's it like to hold?

Just as I was nearly buying one of the note 2's, Huawei announce a new phone today. They seem to release new phones almost monthly.

It's android... :D It is pretty much as you'd expect really. Apart from there is no app drawer, you just swipe to the right for all of your apps. One annoying thing at first is that it did warn me about data usage on a lot of things until I disabled it. But there really is nothing bad about it, the amount of customisation you can do is really quite surprising.

Honestly it is slightly slippy to hold at first, but you do get used to it and then it is fine. I do have a very thin cheapo gel type case that came with mine, I have been using that about 50% of the time.

On another note I have just order a OnePlus 2 today. I have a problem. :D

It's android... :D It is pretty much as you'd expect really. Apart from there is no app drawer, you just swipe to the right for all of your apps. One annoying thing at first is that it did warn me about data usage on a lot of things until I disabled it. But there really is nothing bad about it, the amount of customisation you can do is really quite surprising.

Honestly it is slightly slippy to hold at first, but you do get used to it and then it is fine. I do have a very thin cheapo gel type case that came with mine, I have been using that about 50% of the time.

On another note I have just order a OnePlus 2 today. I have a problem. :D

Thanks for the info.

Haha. It's not a problem. People collect stamps, you collect phones :cool:

Just purchased a Meizu M2 Note. Should be here sometime next week hopefully. Got it for Sat-Nav and as a backup phone so hopefully theres no problem with the GPS like some phones from China.

Last edited:
Just purchased a Meizu M2 Note. Should be here sometime next week hopefully. Got it for Sat-Nav and as a backup phone so hopefully theres no problem with the GPS like some phones from China.

I had no issue with the gps on my Chinese phone (it was a much lesser brand too)

The m2 note looks great. Love the blue colour option!

Coming to the dark side, we'll trying the dark side. Just ordered th Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
As I damaged my Lumias aerial somehow when changing the charging port. Works fine until reception gets low, then says it has reception but doesn't work.
So will give android a try for a few months, then decide between 950xl, Sony z5 premium or something else.

Will need lots if help customising the UI. To something that isn't totally gash, can't stand the out of box experience. Don't really want to customise but will have to. Makes life easier with MS putting all their apps on all platforms.
Sony z5 and amazon prime download app, have made me at least consider android.

Back
Top Bottom