**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

I've soft bricked my phone while trying out a custom ROM. I need to download fastboot recovery to get the images for reflashing to stock. However, the speeds are ****ing awful, or the archive I need fails to download. Can someone go here and try downloading the "Redmi 2 Latest Stable Version Fastboot File Download" file (it's at the very bottom of step 2). Just to confirm that it's ****** server speed / connection and not just me?

Yep, dog awful speed. 10hrs to go right now, must be server.

I don't know if anyone is using it, but there's a custom miui 7 rom for redmi note 2, on xda here.

The blurb is
The ROM offers basic Google services like playstore, keyboard, cloudprint and most frameworks.

Plus optimisations, and weekly updates. It's all In the link.
This might be my tipping point to buy one.

A friend of mine just got the Umi Iron, he's raving about it. Think with the price of it I might just have to leap into the unknown world of Chinese phones. I can't think of a single reason I'd spend 3-4x the price to get something comparable from a more well known manufacture. If it lasts a year It's a bargain.

Wtf, it's now saying CHILLY MAZARIN in Paris.

So scanned into Oldbury- GB,
then off to Rosie Paris
Then to Chilly MAZARIN Paris.
Now scanned out of Chilly and in transport to who knows where.

A friend of mine just got the Umi Iron, he's raving about it. Think with the price of it I might just have to leap into the unknown world of Chinese phones. I can't think of a single reason I'd spend 3-4x the price to get something comparable from a more well known manufacture. If it lasts a year It's a bargain.

Just got it. For the price it's amazing!

Screen is great and the OS is nippy, but annoyingly I will be selling it on... took a chance, but 5.5" devices and me just don't get on, I think 5" is my limit, which sucks as so many of these chinese phones are pretty much all using the same 5.5" screen. :(

Yeh I'm not overly convinced on the size either, got a Nexus4 at the moment and still find that feels big for a lot of usage, despite fairly big hands using it one handed can be a faff sometimes.
For the price I'm willing to take that gamble I think. Where you selling yours Krooton? Could be interested if via the MM :)

Yeah, if I had been transitioning through larger phones like most people, it would probably be ok, but I have been using an S4 Mini for the past 2 years, and an S2 for a year prior to that, so am VERY used to 4.3" screens, lol.

Had a play with my colleague's Nexus 4, which is a similar size to most 5" devices (even though it has a 4.7" screen) and I think that is about right for me.

Yup, will pop it on the MM when I get home this eve.

Back
Top Bottom