**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Doesn't appear to, what do you mean by dodge Chinese apps?

It does have adverts in the notification pull down centre though, that can't be normal android can it?

Apparently some retailers install some apps that are malware. Rooting it and installing a custom ROM will get rid.

Still downloading says 3hrs, however does it need unzipping and it says copy to the downloaded_rom folder but there is no such folder?

About £300 from the looks on some sites. very expensive for a phone that has those specs.

I would have thought £300 is reasonable enough considering the specs, I suppose with Chinese phone you expect them to be cheaper? Seems hard to get info about this device. Like will it be possible to get google play service running and is there an international version coming?

It should wipe the phone, I flashed mine through TWRP not the updated app so I can't really say but I would have thought it will be a totally clean install. Don't blame me if you brick it.

After reading the thread I posted it says All are non modified, please use MIUI updater app on your phone or TWRP.

For anyone else reading this, the rom I am running is a beta 5.9.9 link to Xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-2/general/multi-language-dev-miui-v7-rom-v5-9-9-t3197856 it is solid and comes with minimum Gapps so you can install what you want, everything works great, the battery life is a little suspect when you switch on mobile data but still lasts me a day no problem.

Last edited:
Didn't clean install but has got rid off random adverts. Is it possible to use twrp without rooting to clean install?

Have you got that annoying du speed boost app on yours which can't be uninstalled?

Last edited:
Didn't clean install but has got rid off random adverts. Is it possible to use twrp without rooting to clean install?

Have you got that annoying du speed boost app on yours which can't be uninstalled?

I had it when I got my phone that's why I flashed it and it was clean when I restarted it, I installed TWRP made a back up and then flashed 5.9.9 and that's were I am now.

Back
Top Bottom