**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Looks like another zip mate if you have no TWRP just do the same as you did with the rom, copy it to the phone and install via the MIUI updater app, if it won't install just try re naming it to updater.zip again.

Same for this TWRP have a read Edit, forget that.

Last edited:
So tempted to go for a Chinese phone but my issues are I want to use works sim o2 and my personal one giffgaff together it's annoying carrying two phones around and all the phones I keep seeing mentioned here look like they do not support 4g for that network.

For anyone else reading this, the rom I am running is a beta 5.9.9 link to Xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-2/general/multi-language-dev-miui-v7-rom-v5-9-9-t3197856 it is solid and comes with minimum Gapps so you can install what you want, everything works great, the battery life is a little suspect when you switch on mobile data but still lasts me a day no problem.

Now put this one on. Seems to have got rid off everything. Now have google play store. But no keyboard.

Settings, input language > keyboard there's nothing there?

Success got it working. Google store, keyboard, no Chinese all in English.
No idea what apps I need for certain widgets though. Or a decent email app. Built in one is nasttttyy.

What sort of photos?

How on earth do you take a screen shot?

Also got a magnetic USB cable attached.

ip59fr.jpg

2dgp7k1.jpg

2m6pxc8.jpg

You can take screen shot from the pull down tab at the top of the screen if it is not in there you can add the tile. That looks nothing like mine and you can take a screenshot with power and volume down toghether.

post image online

Last edited:
Ta, not sure why weather widget isn't showing weather.
11tsh35.jpg

Need to find a darker background.
Also need a decent calendar widget, which shows like next 3 events and colour coded.
Need to find a rocket launch schedule app with widget,
Need a news app, where I can select topics, a bit like bing news, but unlike bing news orders articles by date.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom