**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
It is rumoured that Xiaomi may release the Mi Note 10 with a Snapdragon 865 at the end of the month. An almost bezel-less 6.5 inch screen. However, there has been no official announcements from Xiaomi. Perhaps the Aliexpress incident was a blessing in disguise.

Latest on Mi Note 10: Snapdragon 855+ CPU, 120Hz Display now recently Certified including Global Certification.

More rumour: K30 Pro to come with a Mediatek processor.

Associate
It is rumoured that Xiaomi may release the Mi Note 10 with a Snapdragon 865 at the end of the month. An almost bezel-less 6.5 inch screen. However, there has been no official announcements from Xiaomi. Perhaps the Aliexpress incident was a blessing in disguise.

It will be interesting to see which version of the Snapdragon 865 they wil use - with or without the inbuilt 5G modem. If it is the 5G version it should fly off the shelves if it is priced well.

Soldato
Aside from paying MS royalties for FAT filesystem on the SD card always find the omission a strange choice, hybrid(dual sim) setup seems the ideal solution the days.

Actually wondering now if the x2 pro is dual sim otherwise I might be out too.

Associate
It will be interesting to see which version of the Snapdragon 865 they wil use - with or without the inbuilt 5G modem. If it is the 5G version it should fly off the shelves if it is priced well.

The rumour source indicated that there are two variants of Mi Note 10, with a Snapdragon 865. One comes with 5g and one without. The same source later said the Mi Note 10 will come with a Snapdragon 855+ and two variants: pro and non-pro.

The thing is everyone has reported that the Snapdragon 865 is due in 2020 Q1. So we have treat rumours with a pinch of salt. The only certainty is the recent certification of the Mi Note 10 which suggest an imminent launch.

Hopefully. we know the state of play with Mi Note 10 by Thursday (end of month).

Man of Honour
Arrived from Banggood with no duty & tax charges.

It's VERY nice. Mine is actually a K20, I've got some default Chinese apps in there but I managed to find and install all the Google/Play services.
Feels like much more than a £240 phone.
Still really happy with this.

One issue I cannot seem to resolve is that my camera doesn't auto rotate, if I take a picture with the phone at 90 degrees it just stays like that. Stock ROM etc. Any ideas?

Soldato
OK, this is ****. Can't buy an X2 from the Realme website unless you use PayPal. I don't have PayPal.

Edit: Scratch that, you can pay via a PayPal Guest Account so you don't need to set up an account and link cards. Handy that, my Mother as decided that she wants me to order a second one for my Sister and offered up her credit card to pay for both. :D Still have to pay her back though.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
Looks like eglobal have dropped the price of the 128gb Mi 9T Pro to £283 which is cheaper than when I last looked. Still holding out to see what price the X2 Pro comes in at though.

Soldato
Still holding out to see what price the X2 Pro comes in at though.

It's going to be £344 for the base model (64GB of UFS2.1) and around the £390 mark for the middle one (8/128GB UFS 3.0)

Thrown an order on a Realme X2 Pro. Looks a great device for £400.

Have gone for the 128GB none Pro one myself. Ordered it yesterday, but it still hasn't been dispatched yet.

HSvZBhu.png

Soldato
And as if by magic, not 20 mins after posting the above my phone beeps with an email and a text from DHL saying it'll be here tomorrow. Ain't Sod's Law great when it works in your favour?

Back
Top Bottom