**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Maybe coming from HK/China direct.

Same cpu for the Note 10 Pro as the Chinese cc9 Pro (730G) . Price point of 650 euros.

Tempted to order one from Ali express to test out the camera. It's a common misconception more pixels equates to a better image and I'm not expecting to be wow'd over but it'll be interesting to get a hands on and see what it can do.

The Mi Note 10 looks better than expected.

Be careful about the naming conventions. There is no Mi Note 10 pro model, only the Mi Note 10. The pro version is rumoured to come with a higher spec Snapdragon processor; possibly 855+ or 865, by the end of the year.

Soldato
As far as I was aware the 256GB/8GB was essentially the premium edition of the CC9 Pro, having an 8 peice (8P) construction to the lens whereas the others only sported 7 pieces (7P lens) .

Also the Note 10 Pro was mentioned during the conference in Spain. This will be the International 256GB/8GB 8P version , aka CC9 Pro premium edition.

Ed: yep €549 for the Note 10 and €649 for the Note 10 Pro.

Last edited:
Associate
As far as I was aware the 256GB/8GB was essentially the premium edition of the CC9 Pro, having an 8 peice (8P) construction to the lens whereas the others only sported 7 pieces (7P lens) .

Also the Note 10 Pro was mentioned during the conference in Spain. This will be the International 256GB/8GB 8P version , aka CC9 Pro premium edition.

Ed: yep €549 for the Note 10 and €649 for the Note 10 Pro.

Just seen the Spanish conference on Youtube. It confirmed what you had said. Why is it that the UK is one of the last countries to get Xiaomi phones?

The Redmi Note 8T looks like a really good value device.

Associate
Based in UK...where is best to buy a Mi 9 T from please?

I took the risk and bought the Mi9T Pro from eglobal for £290, delivered in 2 weeks via international shipping and Hermes delivery in UK, no VAT to pay as was shipped from an EU warehouse. I paid with Paypal and paid the insurance. Worked out well, they are doing the 64GB MI9T pro for £268 ish at the moment. If you want a warranty and less risk then order from Xiaomi eu store or Amazon but you will pay more.

Associate
I'm looking at a redmi note 8 for my daughter, does anyone know if it's compatible with a wireless charger?

No wireless charging it is only available on some of their high end phones.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T it has NFC and it is around same price I would go for that rather than the Note 8

Last edited:
Associate
Seems like there's some experts in here!

I'm considering a switch to a Chinese smartphone, but there are so many... Currently using an LG G6 which has been great but it's quite slow. Wondered if anyone could recommend something for a max budget of £250 please?

Mostly for consuming content and editing photos from my dslr on the move, so not bothered about having the best camera on a smartphone.

Things I'd like most:

- a large amoled screen
- micro sd card slot
- widevine l1
- fairly decent processor
- no notch if possible

Any obvious choices? Thanks!

Soldato
Whats the best chinese phone for up to 300 quid? How would it compare to (say) a refurbished pixel 3?

Im asking as considering buying one for the mrs for xmas. Currently she has a moto g5 and although it works ok, the battery isnt the best (heavy user) and the camera is a total potato.

Any reccomendations? Shell be ok with anything up to the size of a huawei p20 pro (my phone) and doesnt need a camera the same spec as my p20 pro just something semi decent.

Could pay more than 300,say 350 if justified (or less!).

Is there likely to be any particularly good black friday deals?

Associate
I was thinking about going fot 9T but even tho the 9Tpro has more power from the SD855 its lasts longer during the battery test...strange :( was hoping that 730 will outperform the top model due to the les pwoer hungry ..SOC..well not a long wait to see if they drop further for BF ....was looking in to A50 from Samsung but both Xiaomi seems a lot of a phone for the money (even with 100 off from the A50 price (£209))

Soldato
Hey guys, need a phone for the Mrs asap.
I want:

Under £200 or very close to if worth it
NFC
Usb c reversible charge port
Fast charge
3.5mm jack
Oled or amoled screen
Finger print
128gb storage / 6gb ram
Delivery within a week or two tops
Uk use vodafone wanting 5g support if possible

Associate
Think I'm decided on a Mi 9T 128gb (non pro). Now to find it as cheaply as possible...

Anyone also on the hunt for upcoming black friday deals please post here!

Associate
I was thinking about going fot 9T but even tho the 9Tpro has more power from the SD855 its lasts longer during the battery test...strange :( was hoping that 730 will outperform the top model due to the les pwoer hungry ..SOC..well not a long wait to see if they drop further for BF ....was looking in to A50 from Samsung but both Xiaomi seems a lot of a phone for the money (even with 100 off from the A50 price (£209))

I mentioned before that the 9T last longer in battery life than the pro but only about 30 minutes.

Think I'm decided on a Mi 9T 128gb (non pro). Now to find it as cheaply as possible...

Anyone also on the hunt for upcoming black friday deals please post here!

I was going to do the same thing only to discover that there isn't that much difference in price between the 9T and pro. If you shop around then you discover the difference in price is just £20.

Associate
Where's the best place to buy the Xiaomi Mi 9T at the moment? I've seen it on AliExpress for quite a bit less than on Gearbest, but those are the only two non-UK sites I know. I'm assuming that's the way to go to get a better price, but if there's a place selling for a comparable price in UK then that's a plus.

Is one better than the other for minimising risk of being caught-out for import duty? I've never bought from abroad, and I'[m aware that duty is a risk, from what I've read. Appreciate any suggestions.

Soldato
Where's the best place to buy the Xiaomi Mi 9T at the moment? I've seen it on AliExpress for quite a bit less than on Gearbest, but those are the only two non-UK sites I know. I'm assuming that's the way to go to get a better price, but if there's a place selling for a comparable price in UK then that's a plus.

Is one better than the other for minimising risk of being caught-out for import duty? I've never bought from abroad, and I'[m aware that duty is a risk, from what I've read. Appreciate any suggestions.

amazon have it for around £230 its dearer than aliexpress but seems cheaper than gearbest and is a uk based seller

Back
Top Bottom